• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Donovan Mitchell Transferring

In and of itself, Donovan leaving is not that big of a deal. However it is a big deal when added to Sam, Washington, Melo and possibly Key or Craw departing as well. At the current rate, we do not have enough players to play against each other 5 on 5. It also means we are going to have to throw the 3 frosh to the wolves right away (not counting Lewis until we know he actually exists still)

This is the problem. You build a program by having a few stars complimented by veteran leadership and roll players.

Players leaving within 2 years for anything but the NBA is bad.

26dy6u.jpg

This is brilliant.

This is the problem. You build a program by having a few stars complimented by veteran leadership and roll players.

Players leaving within 2 years for anything but the NBA is bad.

Yeah, realistically, you need 2 solid contributors from each class. Even if we get 3 from the freshman class, we're still going to be hurting in two years with our one senior. Even more so if we happen to lose Chaundee or Hoard early. I hate it for BChill most of all. It must be tough to see your entire class leave.

Pretty much the only thing we have going for us right now is that we will have Craw and Moore (and hopefully Key) next year. Chill from his class. Chaundee and Sarr from that class, and hopefully at least 2 solid contributors from the incoming freshman class.

We really need Key to stay and take pride in being a top 6th man in the ACC.

Last edited:
If Woods leaves, we will have lost 4 of our top 5 3-point shooters by 3P% (Childress just barely beats out Woods for 4th on the team).

I submit that without any further comment.

Still rolled your dumb ass by 20+ points chump! Oh and got your lousy coach fired.

Although it will probably come back to haunt us as a case study of how and when to cut bait at the right time.

Late 80's NBA players, do not want...can't coach apparently (Bird, Isaiah, Price, McHale, Manning, Mullin & Ewing??)

And yes, I know that Bird & Zeke coached the NBA, and pretty much failed. Although Bird wasn't a disaster. Surprised Theus was able to parlay his job as head coach at Bayside to a college gig at Cal-Northridge. Damn California.

Wait, isn't Laimbeer a damn good lady's NBA coach?? There's your guy Wellman!!

Larry Bird: NBA Player MVP, NBA Coach of the Year, and NBA Executive of the year... yep, not a disaster.

If Woods leaves, we will have lost 4 of our top 5 3-point shooters by 3P% (Childress just barely beats out Woods for 4th on the team).

I submit that without any further comment.

It blows my mind that Childress had a higher percentage than Woods this year. Woods went from .438 to .374. And took more attempts per game. Yikes.

This is the one I was anticipating due to distance from home. Complicated by the fact that his sister is at Wake.

Donovan could actually really benefit from a year off to work on his body. If I were him, I would transfer to a school with a volleyball program and utilize volleyball training to increase vertical and quick twitch muscles.

I once walked into Pauley Pavilion one summer and Karch Kiraly was there with the UCLA volleyball team running them through drills. I asked if I could join them as I was quite proud of my fitness and vertical jump. He chuckled and said sure. 20 minutes later I was puking in the corner. The jumping drills. Oh my god. I thought my achilles were going to explode, not figuratively, I mean literally explode. Not to mention the blood air I was sucking the moment I stopped. I was kind of okay lung-wise until stopping. Then ... I have a life long appreciation for elite volleyball fitness and Karch Kiraly was a FUCKING MONSTER. Never seen anything like it.

But back to Donovan Mitchell. Good luck. You might be able to transfer to UCLA. If not there, maybe Long Beach State?

This is a bombshell and a huge deal, as big as Mike Sagay transferring from Boston College last year even.

Maybe he'll join SJM at San Jose State to get coached by ex Deac, Dave Wojcik

Why wouldn't he transfer considering how many fans have transferred out of the Joel. The way we're going, we just may need a large tent to play our games.

Back