• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Don't Screw This Up Wellman

DirkTheDeac

Lord of the Board
Reaction score
Great, emotional win. Don't think for a moment Bzz is the answer. Start contacting the ADs at the schools of the top 5 candidates and get the ball rolling. Your legacy is on the line... big time. You have a great opportunity to get this right.

The problem is he thinks he got it right from the start and this just verifies that in him mind/ego. Bzz is back and we are all screwed.

There's no way he can be retained. The damage is too great.

I do think this win will soften the blow when the axe lands. It will give Wellman a legit way to spin Buzz's shortcomings. Fine, whatever. Just make the change.

There's no way he can be retained. The damage is too great.

I do think this win will soften the blow when the axe lands. It will give Wellman a legit way to spin Buzz's shortcomings. Fine, whatever. Just make the change.

this. It allows Wellman to deliver his ridiculous little narrative that nobody believes but him and some delusional elderly folk about a good foundation and culture built and blah blah blah at Bzz's retirement/resignation whatever. We officially have a winning season and protected home court against in state rivalries. prior to this win even he couldn't say that with a straight face.

Doesn't matter to me. I don't care if you clean your room because I told you to or that the only reason your doing it is because you had already planned on doing it and want to do it. I just want the fucking room clean.

It's the body of work - not a single game, or a few games. If we can't trust Wellman with the firing, we can't trust him with the hiring.

The Duke game shows a new coach that, while there are still gaps on the roster, there is some talent to work with.

this. It allows Wellman to deliver his ridiculous little narrative that nobody believes but him and some delusional elderly folk about a good foundation and culture built and blah blah blah at Bzz's retirement/resignation whatever. We officially have a winning season and protected home court against in state rivalries. prior to this win even he couldn't say that with a straight face.

Doesn't matter to me. I don't care if you clean your room because I told you to or that the only reason your doing it is because you had already planned on doing it and want to do it. I just want the fucking room clean.

81deac believes him. If the fans had just been a little more supportive of Bzzzz then he could have accomplished great things.

Nothing to do now but sit back and wait. the die is cast.

Wellman was right the whole time and you guys want to throw Bz away right as his program turns the corner? We just beat the number four team in the country! Get happy!

I honestly couldn't care less if Ron talks about the home sweep of the other NC schools, says the words "foundation", "fine young men", "youth", and "culture" 5000 times in the "resignation" press conference. As long as Buzz is gone and an outstanding hire is made, I will gladly move on from this era of unwiped ass. Spew all the utter BS you want, Ron. Just do what needs to be done.

Back