• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Doral Moore

Goolsbyrules

Reaction score
Does anyone know why Moore didn't play the last two games? He could have helped a lot last night and in the VaTech game. He could have clogged up the lane and given some hard fouls. He is Wakes best defender. The game last night was very similar to west Virginia game under Skip. It is hard to shoot 69 percent in the gym by yourself. That was crap coaching last night. Granted as stated by many here Wake has some severe physical limits (speed and height). 11 seed is exactly what Wake should have been, But when a team is shooting layups on the same play for 35 minutes, a coach has to make some adjustments. I thought the team had turned a corner but the last 60 minutes of Wake basketball dashed every bit of that. The sky is falling.

Doral's performance the last number of games didn't warrant playing time. Danny did the right thing. Doral ha potential, no question, but a lot of fouls and little production didn't earn him minutes at the end of the season.

The Boards fascination with Doral Moore astounds me.

Doral Moore's minutes declined over the last 3 weeks, and he played progressively less as the team's play improved.

Moore had not scored in a game since the February 22 game against Pitt. Over the last 3 games that Moore did play, he had more fouls (6) than points (0), rebounds (2) and blocked shots (1) combined. Doral Moore's foul rate per 40 minutes was just less than 10. Among WF's top 8, the next highest foul rate was JC at 4.5. There is no reason to think that Doral Moore would've made a difference last night.

He's like the back-up QB. Fans always think they're better than they actually are.

He just hasn't been able to go up with his arms straight up. Not sure why. He looked lost late in the season. He was attentive on the bench against K-State in the glimpses I saw. Don't know. 1,2, and 3s generally see their big jump between frosh and sophomore years. Bigs are a different story. Not out of the question he could surprise us next year, but likely only if JC goes. It is possible the whole 3-star teammate turned potential NBA lottery pick was distracting and a bit depressing to him as he came in the higher rated player. He played limited minutes in high school as well, or at least AAU.

It's frustrating. He started moving fluidly on the court about mid-season this year it seemed to me, but just couldn't put it together, not even close. It is hard to believe he put up - what was it? - 20 points against ND last year.

Back