• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

DOUBLE SUPER EMERGENCY GAME THREAD!!! WAKE v. KSU!!! LET'S PLAY DEFENSE!

I understand he had pretty good overall stats, but Collins played soft two games straight. He is not a good defender. Has a lot of work to do before he's an MBA starter.

Woods was awful. Dinos was awful. Terrible defense. Hope Collins stays and Chaundee increases defensive intensity next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Disappointing but I should be used to this as a 32 year old Wake Fan and Temple Alumni. Between the two teams, they have to be 2 of the biggest underachieving teams in NCAA tourney history.

Disagree. SJM is better than Moore. Our guards were getting toasted and #4 would have skull fucked Moore with his size
Eh, we kept getting beat because our forwards were constantly switching on picks, but nobody picked up the screener. Johnson got 4 or 5 buckets just because we were late rotating to him on the pnr. I'm pretty sure Doral tends to stay at home more on those plays, which would have helped some.

It wasn't the size from Johnson that fucked us on his scores, at any rate.

Geez, we simply are not good enough defensively. Those soft rims were crazy,

I'm very disappointed.

Agreed--Likely didn't make a difference, obviously, but I think they should have fouled at least one more time.
Probably should have boxed out one more time. Or not turned it over one more time. Or not taken a shitty 3 one more time. Fuck this all for making me care about basketball again. Such bullshit but such appropriate Wake Forestness.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I understand he had pretty good overall stats, but Collins played soft two games straight. He is not a good defender. Has a lot of work to do before he's an MBA starter.

Woods was awful. Dinos was awful. Terrible defense. Hope Collins stays and Chaundee increases defensive intensity next year.

It would be in Collins best interest to go. His stock will never be higher.

Disagree. SJM is better than Moore. Our guards were getting toasted and #4 would have skull fucked Moore with his size

Uh, sure SJM really stopped them in the 1st half. Put Moore in and their guards can't just drive the lane time after time because they know Collins would rather give up 2 than get his 2nd foul.

We did absolutely zero on the inside to make them think twice about going in there. Not trying, i.e. Moore does show up randomly, could not have hurt. What would we have given up 80% shooting from the floor?

We do such a terrible job on screens. The screener can just go to the bucket for a dunk or layup 35% of the time.

Now we get to watch Duke, UNC, Kentucky and Kansas go to the final four yet again. Whee!

Man defense, woods and Dinos killed us. I fear that John is gone and we'll be a bottom tier team next year. If he stays and DM learns how to implement an effective zone for long portions of a game...I think we're a top 25 team next year

DM did get us to the NCAAT in year 3 when no one expected it, but not even getting Moore off the bench when you are scorched for 66% an entire game is a huge coaching mistake, unless Moore has a broken leg.

Wouldn't have mattered. Our guards are shit on the ball defenders. He would have fouled out in less than 10 minutes of PT

It would be in Collins best interest to go. His stock will never be higher.

Agree. He's still 19 and had an awesome season. Wish him the best and hope he stays and has an even better year next year but figure he's gone

We do such a terrible job on screens. The screener can just go to the bucket for a dunk or layup 35% of the time.

The weirdest part about this game was that we actually managed to get a decent double team on Stokes out of those plays, like, 3 or 4 times, and then he hit a contested 3 anyway.

If either of his last two 3s miss, we get a shot to pull even. Both of them were fucking huge makes for them. Sucks.

Back