• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dow Jones plunges over 1000 points.

Always thought tying presidents to the stock market was dumb. Obviously presidents try to take credit when the market is up but it all seems like a pretty tenuous connection to me.

I'm sure you held the same opinion when Obama boasted of "a stock market which has doubled" in his 2015 State of the Union address, correct?

And just like that, back down over 100. I'm not a market watcher normally, but has this type of volatility ever happened before?

We were in an abnormal period of little to no volatility in the equity markets which is extremely rare.

This is a return to a more normal level of volatility in the markets.

I'm sure you held the same opinion when Obama boasted of "a stock market which has doubled" in his 2015 State of the Union address, correct?

After he had been president for six years. After inheriting an economy in a recession.

You don’t see the difference?

Some presidents have more impact on the economy than others. I don't doubt that people bought into Trump just because he's Trump. There really isn't a template unless you start a war or something major. I think it's reasonable to say that over the course of 8 years, Obama had a significant, positive impact on the economy. It's still too early to tell with Trump and obviously the tax plan, but the Trump bump last year was nice.

Last edited:
Call me crazy but I don't recall the outrage by the Tunnels Left when Obama took credit for the market gains a few short years ago.

Dude there's one thread with 3 pages on a combined drop of 1700+ points over 2 days. Plus very few people if any are blaming Trump. From a quick scan, the general consensus seems to be "Yep a stock market correction was due and this is mostly normal."

This isn't even close to outrage.

After he had been president for six years. After inheriting an economy in a recession.

You don’t see the difference?

So tying Presidents to the stock market is dumb and a tenuous connection unless we are discussing Obama.

Got it.

Always heartwarming to watch the Tunnels Left remain consistent with their inconsistency.

So tying Presidents to the stock market is dumb and a tenuous connection unless we are discussing Obama.

Got it.

Always heartwarming to watch the Tunnels Left remain consistent with their inconsistency.

Reason has always been your blindspot. Never change.

If Trump wants to talk about huge stock market gains after six years of his presidency, he's more than welcome to do so.

Accusing the left of hypocrisy in this regard takes some real gall.

All trump has showed is how fucking dumb as shit a lot of conservatives are. If you can’t tell the difference between mentioning the stock market in a state of the union after inheriting a recession and correcting from that to record gains over 6 years from boasting daily about the stock market that has very little to do with you because you are grasping for positivity and then being mocked because the market is correcting as it naturally does then you too are a fucking moron.

It's really more of an indictment on computerized trading more than anything.

Trumps saves the economy, told Obama deep State plot, NO not on my watch! Stocks back up.

It's really more of an indictment on computerized trading more than anything.

Yeah, if you look at the graphs for cryptos over the last month, the ones for Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, and Litecoin are all nearly identical. It's actually pretty crazy.

Back