• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

DREAM TEAM /USA Preliminary roster

Lebron can play D.

The only teams that will be vaguely are Spain and Argentina. Now if Spain could recolonize, it might be a good game.

Understatement, he's really stepped his D up since he joined the Heat.

Lebron can play D.

The only teams that will be vaguely are Spain and Argentina. Now if Spain could recolonize, it might be a good game.

Did you even read what I said? I said besides LeBron and Bosh. For all of your appeals to better reading comprehension on the boards, I expected better...

One good defender per position isn't going to cut it in the international game...

My 12-man team

Guards: Paul, Rose, Wade
Forwards: Bryant, James, Durant, Melo
Centers: Howard, Griffin, Love, Chandler

12th man would either be Deron Williams or Rudy Gay

Would much rather have Aldridge than Griffin. Griffin is a poor defender and shot blocker, and his game relies heavily on a very suspect jumpshot and an underdeveloped post game (if you can even call it that; at this point he basically just dribbles between his legs a bunch of times and then jumps into his man while flinging a shot at the basket). He's not nearly as efficient as Bosh, Aldridge, or Love as a pick n' pop forward, and he needs too many bounces of the ball and, as a consequence, time and space in the post before he gets any kind of shot up.

He's obviously exciting as fuck and one of the rising stars in this league, but I really don't think he's a good fit at all for an international style of play with the kind of perimeter scorers the USA team will have access to. The US squad will have plenty of "ball dominators" with LBJ, Kobe, CP3, Durant, Wade, etc. Griffin's clogging post game and ineffective jumpshot really doesn't improve the roster much at all, IMHO.

Last edited:
Would much rather have Aldridge than Griffin. Griffin is a poor defender and shot blocker, and his game relies heavily on a very suspect jumpshot and an underdeveloped post game (if you can even call it that; at this point he basically just dribbles between his legs a bunch of times and then jumps into his man while flinging a shot at the basket). He's not nearly as efficient as Bosh, Aldridge, or Love as a pick n' pop forward, and he needs too many bounces of the ball and, as a consequence, time and space in the post before he gets any kind of shot up.

He's obviously exciting as fuck and one of the rising stars in this league, but I really don't think he's a good fit at all for an international style of play with the kind of perimeter scorers the USA team will have access to. The US squad will have plenty of "ball dominators" with LBJ, Kobe, CP3, Durant, Wade, etc. Griffin's clogging post game and ineffective jumpshot really doesn't improve the roster much at all, IMHO.

You won me over with that

I think you need to add a legit jump shooter as your 12th man YoungBuck

Who would you rather have? Definitely not Westbrook as we've seen he causes problems with teammates. Put him on a team with all these other guys, you're asking for problems.

And for me, Aldridge & Griffin are interchangeable.

I agree with the article, I don't see how you put Blake on this team. He is a very bad defender and shot blocker. His jumper isn't consistent enough to take him over DHo, Chandler, K Love, or Bosh. Bosh played excellent in the last olympics and his game translated very well there.

Back