• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Driver arrested for having empty compartment that could store drugs

RacerDeac

#iwasright #rjlies
Reaction score
I've been really interested in this case. The law simply cannot stand to scrutiny. His will likely (hopefully) be the first and last case for this insane bulshit.

“No person shall knowingly operate, possess, or use a vehicle with a hidden compartment with knowledge that the hidden compartment is used or intended to be used to facilitate the unlawful concealment or transportation of a controlled substance,” the law states.

That is so damned vague and all-encompassing, you'd have to get rid of consoles, glove boxes, panel pockets, etc. Shit, my old truck had a slide-away door for child-seat anchors which you EASILY could've dropped all kinds of contraband into. It's intentionally designed to be unobtrusive for those who have no need for child-seats. Go ACLU.

That is so damned vague and all-encompassing, you'd have to get rid of consoles, glove boxes, panel pockets, etc. Shit, my old truck had a slide-away door for child-seat anchors which you EASILY could've dropped all kinds of contraband into. It's intentionally designed to be unobtrusive for those who have no need for child-seats. Go ACLU.

Yeah, the law is insane and accomplishes nothing besides giving cops another reason to harrass someone. Hell, the way it's written, you could arrest someone for having a subwoofer in their trunk. It's all about arresting someone and then finding the evidence for the arrest later.

i should have been arrested for having pockets so many times in college

I'm not sure the law is so much of an overreach as much as it is just impossible to prove. Sure you can make out probable cause based on the officer claiming to smell an odor of marijuana, but proof beyond a reasonable doubt?

I'd be amazed if this even gets indicted.

I read this paragraph at least 3 times and still have no idea what it means ...

"“If Kantor ever got angry after his private information was repeated back (by slamming a cabinet or typing loudly on his computer), the [subcontractor] CRGT and Northrop Grumman employees would tell the same story about how there was a neighbor in their community who seemed like such a nice guy, but then went on a murder suicide,” the complaint states. “If Mr. Kantor stayed calm after they repeated back his private information, they would instead spend the hour talking about how people drop dead from hypertension. This happened every day for almost three months.”

Wow. Do terrorists actually Google that stuff? And, the government actually tracks down every Google search that might be fishy? But yea, crazy and stupid.

Well, this one was flagged because of the man's job and employer. Nonetheless, it's insane. But to answer your question, al-Queda, among others, have made it no secret that they fully intend to post instructions on bomb-making and other terrorist methods available on the internet. They have visions of white kids from the suburbs shooting and blowing up schools. But we know that never happens. I think the NRA has vowed to fight any suppression of internet materials which infringes on your Second-Amendement Right to possess fully auto weapons and explosive devices.

The funny thing about this is there isn't an undercover police car which DOESN'T have a secret compartment for an emergency weapon. It's like the tinted windows laws- it applies to everyone EXCEPT the police. And limos.

do you have to have a license for a secret compartment in your vehicle?

Back