• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dshamal Shoetz

God, I still remember the Joel going bat shit crazy of Fingleton when he was visiting. That stupid ass limey.

i just want to be IN on this thread

Schoetz loved the elbow jumper for some reason

God, I still remember the Joel going bat shit crazy of Fingleton when he was visiting. That stupid ass limey.

I remember that and all the damn British flags. So glad he chose UNC instead. We had enough bad luck with centers and didn't need him to add to the list of Shoemaker, Woods, Shoetz, and Decker.

It speaks to how bad Rodney West was that he doesn't even get mentioned.

Didn't Josh PumpFaker play the 4 with Vidaurreta at the 5?

The Shoe did not play the 5. He played the 4...he is listed as a center though.

Shoe and Raf played the same position. Shoe took his starting spot when Vidauretta got hurt (his back, I think). Darius was the 4.

Anybody remember Hartmut Ortmann?

Yeah I knew Hart. Good guy, sorta spastic. Very good raw athlete, he was an exceptional leaper for his size. Unfortunately, that didn't translate into "good basketball player". He hung out with Craig Wessel. Now that guy, Wessel, is my nomination for THE biggest stiff ever to get a basketball scholarship from WFU.

Was Shoetz THE original "moves well around the buffet" guy? I think he was.

Another blast from the past - Joakim Blom. Looks like someone is still paying him to play, and he's doing ok. http://www.eurobasket.com/player.asp?Cntry=SWE&PlayerID=4875

He was certainly no Neil Fingleton or Orlando Melendez.

Ironically I went out on two dates w Orlando Melendez when I was a junior at Wake after meeting him at a house party. Nice guy, no sparks, but funny.

Ironically I went out on two dates w Orlando Melendez when I was a junior at Wake after meeting him at a house party. Nice guy, no sparks, but funny.

Also, last I talked to him he was a globetrotter, but not sure if he still is.

Back