• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Duke Fan in Kentucky

Winkathomelygirl

Reaction score
I was talking to Dale, a janitor at the only Menard's lumber store in Kentucky today, and he let slip that he was a Duke fan. I pegged him, based on his job title, as a NC State grad. Turns out that Dale is from Durham. Anyhow, he said that he constantly has to deal with Kentucky fans who want to fight him. This state (Kentucky) has a passion for basketball that has to be experienced to be believed.

So a dude tells you he's a duke fan, and you immediately think, "oh, must've gone to State", and you think this is a good dig at State's smarts?

just let em be tintin. It's their board they can have all the NCSU jokes (however unimaganitive and dumb they are) that they please. It comes with all playing on Tobacco Road.

So a dude tells you he's a duke fan, and you immediately think, "oh, must've gone to State", and you think this is a good dig at State's smarts?

An old joke about State fans, told to me by former Duke player Terry Chili, popped into my mind when Dale he said he was a Duke fan. I may have posted this before, but one day Terry and I were talking with a Carolina fan and Terry said, "if the janitor walks by, we'll have the Big Four". Thought it was worth posting on a sleepy, dusty, thousand miles north of the Delta day. Just found it incongruous that an avid Duke fan was working as a janitor in the heart of Big Blue Nation. We discussed whether Battier was playing flukey or whether this was his year. Figures that a Duke fan would also like Miami in the series.

I don't doubt the part of the story where he said UK (or UofL for that matter) would try to fight him. Some of those people are just nuts and lose all sense of everything else when you bring up UK basketball.

just let em be tintin. It's their board they can have all the NCSU jokes (however unimaganitive and dumb they are) that they please. It comes with all playing on Tobacco Road.

:laugh:

Back