• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Duke Game Review / Delaware Game Week Thread

Our defense should hold up real well until we play teams with too much size up front or good receivers.

Our defense should hold up real well until we play teams with too much size up front or good receivers.

Agreed. Given how well we've played the run so far (#26 in ypg allowed; #19 in ypc allowed), this game sets up well to allow 10 or fewer points. I'm curious to see how our stable backfield looks.

I think Colburn will have a big game. 30 yards receiving and 110 yards rushing

I love feeling confident in our D (for as long as it lasts.)

We're planning to drive up tomorrow. My wife wants to catch some of the 3:30 games (TV/tablet at tailgate not an option). I've been out for almost 10 years and never really did sports bars while I was at Wake, are there some good ones near Groves?

Not too much near Groves. BBQ place on Deacon Blvd has tvs and Putters across the street. Several options now downtown, but not that close to Groves.

Some Delaware ties for Wake coaches. I believe Ruggiero went to UD (walk-on QB who never played - understudy to Rich GAnnon) and got his coaching start under Tubby Raymond at UD. That was the consolation prize for staying and not playing.

Dave Cohen was the UD defensive coordinator for their 2003 National championship.

By the way, the nickname Fightin' Blue Hens has nothing to do with chicken production in Delaware. They're named after a Delaware regiment in the American Revolution called the Blue Hens. One of the commanders of the regiment staged cockfights and the Blue Hen breed was known for its fierceness.

We're planning to drive up tomorrow. My wife wants to catch some of the 3:30 games (TV/tablet at tailgate not an option). I've been out for almost 10 years and never really did sports bars while I was at Wake, are there some good ones near Groves?
Congrats on having an awesome wife, sounds like you've won already.

Last Resort (used to be Freddy B's)

Putters. Buff chix wrap extra hot with half and half chips and red oak. Tell them you are meeting brews and deacfreak07.

But he's being replaced by a senior qb that was a Rutgers transfer. So I guess we are playing against Wolford 2.0? Shouldn't be a problem right?

Well even if backup QBs have burned us in the past, they're still always the backup for a reason. I'm not too worried about it, especially if it's Wolford 2.0 because they run a run heavy offense.

Oh, and we're 20 point favorites to start with

I actually feel good about this game.

Back