• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Duke Game Time - 6 Day Hold

EduDeac

Reaction score
GREENSBORO, N.C. — The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Monday the following game times and TV networks for its football games of Nov. 28-29.

ESPN has declared a Six-Day Hold on the following games. The game times and networks will be announced after the games of November 22. The games held are:

South Carolina at Clemson, TBA, Six-Day Hold*
Wake Forest at Duke, TBA, Six-Day Hold*
Florida at Florida State, TBA, Six-Day Hold*
Kentucky at Louisville, TBA, Six-Day Hold*
Pitt at Miami, TBA, Six–Day Hold*

The following game times and networks were announced.

Friday, Nov. 28
Virginia at Virginia Tech, ESPN, 8 p.m.

Saturday, Nov. 29
Syracuse at Boston College, RSN, 12:30 p.m.
NC State at North Carolina, ACC Network, 12:30 p.m.
Georgia Tech at Georgia, SEC Network, Noon (previously announced)

And if UNC beats them, we'll be on...

espn8.png

I honestly don't care if this game is on TV or not.

I hope dook beats UNC. Kinda gives our guys something to play for (ruin duke's trip to ACCCG). not saying we'll win, but a little something on the line will make the game more interesting (i hope)

I hope UNC beats Duke by six touchdowns because I'm going to the Duke-Wake game and don't want to be any part of a Duke celebration.

Can Wake beat Duke?

Got a lot of GT people asking me, I tell them "maybe?"

No we can't. Duke's a better than average football team. Wake is one of the worst football teams you will ever watch.

No we can't. Duke's a better than average football team. Wake is one of the worst football teams you will ever watch.

Yes. As much as I've carried on about Duke, they are still 100 spots better than us.

Duke is ranked between South Carolina and Texas on Sagarin, Wake is ranked between Buffalo and Charleston Southern. That's all you need to know. We're three spots ahead of something called Cal Poly SLO - a 6-5 FCS school.

Clemson (who we hung with for a long while) is a much better team than Duke - they're more in the Boston College/Louisville mold as far as teams we've played. We were within a touchdown of BC and had a lead on Louisville going into the 4th quarter, and Duke just lost to the last place Coastal team and needed an absolute miracle missed 10 yard field goal to beat the 2nd-to-last Coastal team.

I wouldn't put money on us straight up, especially since it's at Duke, but I wouldn't be shocked if we beat them. As the "Duke in the Running" thread predicted - teams tend to play back to their abilities. Duke's been incredibly lucky so far, and with a few breaks we could certainly give them a run. They're just not that good. Good chance they lose to a streaking UNC team anyway though.

All you need to know about Duke is the following statistic: point differential in conference play.

Here are the teams with at least a .500 record in ACC play, with their point differential, in order:

1. Georgia Tech +111
2. Florida State +108
3. Clemson +62
4. Louisville +62
5. Miami +30
6. Duke +20
7. Boston College -9
8. North Carolina -36

Clemson is finished with their conference schedule, played Georgia Tech and UNC in their crossovers, and then FSU and Louisville within the division (as well as the rest of the Atlantic) and has outscored their opponents by 42 more than Duke. Maybe Duke cuts into that with UNC and Wake though. We'll see.

I didn't watch the BC game so I won't comment on that.

Clemson played like utter shit and tried to hand us the game. Our offense had one decent drive. CU was also playing with a rotten qb. Did you see them against GT this past weekend? That's what a better than average team would have done to Clemson the way they played against us. Instead, we lost by 14. I'm not sure why you think Clemson is much better than BC or Louisville. They beat them both, but both games were very close.

Loiusville was playing a backup qb and their offense looked as bad as ours. An opportunistic squad would have beaten Louisville handily. Instead we lost by 10.

Back