• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Duke vs Vermont

Complete hose job by the zebras. Let them play. Don't decide it on a clean block.

I am convinced that refs don't want to call a game in which a national power is upset, particularly at home....and especially if "home" is Cameron

I am convinced that refs don't want to call a game in which a national power is upset, particularly at home....and especially if "home" is Cameron

Officials have to feed their families. They fuck over Duke and they're calling Coastal Carolina versus Presbyterian.

Dook survives on a borderline touch foul called on the last possession, coming on the heels of a de facto free time out reviewing a clear three to ensure that yes, Vermont had actually tied it. Also, water is wet.

And that three was at least two feet behind the line. I think, instead, they were reviewing the clock (because it changed from 7. to 10. after the review).

But Vermont had a chance and waited too long.

Duke has Hood and Parker and a bunch of average players. No pressure on the ball which would have taken ECU or Vermont out of their offenses . They don't have a big who can guard the rim ( like WFU) and they don't rebound well. This is a soft Duke team . We can get them at the Joel. UNC will pound them inside.

Duke has Hood and Parker and a bunch of average players. No pressure on the ball which would have taken ECU or Vermont out of their offenses . They don't have a big who can guard the rim ( like WFU) and they don't rebound well. This is a soft Duke team . We can get them at the Joel. UNC will pound them inside.

This year would have been fun had Hood not transferred from Miss State (taking a transfer from Miss State really exposes what Duke basketball is all about) and had Parker not picked Duke. Now with the #1 recruiting class coming in the dream of K developing another back injury has been dashed.

Last edited:
I was proud of myself last night. I was flipping channels and saw Vermont was up late in the game and despite my urge to watch the rest of the game hoping Duke would lose, I fought it and turned the channel knowing Duke would come back and saved myself the frustration.

Still not clicking, but my guess is the 10 point-in-a-minute game versus Maryland.

Clemson game where the clock operator thought that Dook might need a little extra time to come back. High water mark in ACC cheating.

Back