• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dumb Tech Question

tagsfan

Reaction score
If I change my Internet provider from Verizon, what do I need to do to change my current email address? Can I still access old emails that haven't been downloaded to my computer? Thanks for allowing me to show my ignorance.

If I change my Internet provider from Verizon, what do I need to do to change my current email address? Can I still access old emails that haven't been downloaded to my computer? Thanks for allowing me to show my ignorance.

I'm not the best person to answer this, but because I don't want to be an unhelpful douche...

Your internet service provider (ISP)--formerly Verizon, in this scenario--has very little to do with your email. Chances are you don't have to do anything different. Is Verizon indicating that you're going to lose access to your email account (that they, presumably, provided)?

If you have a Verizon email address then yes, the change could possibly impact that. Verizon may no longer keep your email address active. This is something you should ask Verizon about.

You can setup a gmail or yahoo address for free and foreword the emails you want to keep there, then if you do change you won’t lose them. Gmail or yahoo won’t be impacted by the provider you have.

Yahoo, AOL and Verizon Media aka "Oath" are all now privately owned just "Yahoo." Verizon owned all of them and sold at 50% discount in 2021.

Back