• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dustin Johnson to take leave of absence from golf rest of year

Cocaine's a helluva drug.

Myrtle Beach will be the perfect place to lay low and stay away from the Devil's work.

Wonder if this was by choice or forced by the PGA. Hope it was Dustin's choice and he gets the help that he needs.

I guess the PGA didn't let him "hurt his back" again. Cue Kenny Powers rehab joke.

I hope he comes back strong, he's fun to watch play.

If you got bad news, you wanna kick them blues.
Cocaine.
When your day is done and you wanna run.
Cocaine.

He hurt...his nose.

I know shit about golf and even I know how much of a coke head DJ is.

I had never heard anything about DJ having a coke problem before. So color me ignorant and naive.

Dude was having a nice Summer too with good finishes at the 2 Opens. Given that, no way this is a voluntary move on his part. The PGA likes to guard closely its image and doesn't announce suspensions, whether it's off course behavior like Kim or on course behavior like Sabbatini. If DJ was taking time off or going to rehab or something of his own volition, he wouldn't say it's for the rest of the year. This is a forced leave of absence.

Listen folks, addiction is a bitch, whether it's coke, booze or whatever. The good news is that you can kick it with help and the right attitude. The bad news is that you can only do it one day at a time and every day is a struggle. I wouldn't wish this sort of thing on anyone. I hope he gets help and starts on the road to recovery. Good luck to him.

addiction is not a laughing matter - whatever DJ is going through is not just having an effect on him - it is affecting all those around him who love and support him. i've personally lost some great friends to alcoholism/drug addiction over the years - people that were extremely talented in their careers/life but just couldn't accept the foundation of recovery - that they were powerless over their drug of choice - whether that was coke, booze, heroin, etc.

side note - if you really want to see the power of addiction and how it can and will destroy dreams, i recommend watching the Chris Herren ESPN 30 for 30 "Basketball Junkie". unbelievable story, but is one that is a powerful reminder that addiction does not discriminate but is also a message of hope that recovery is possible!

Dude was having a nice Summer too with good finishes at the 2 Opens. Given that, no way this is a voluntary move on his part. The PGA likes to guard closely its image and doesn't announce suspensions, whether it's off course behavior like Kim or on course behavior like Sabbatini. If DJ was taking time off or going to rehab or something of his own volition, he wouldn't say it's for the rest of the year. This is a forced leave of absence.

Agreed unfortunately. The timing of it really makes you think it's forced. Big events this week, next week and he had already clinched his spot on the Ryder Cup team. Was hoping it was voluntary because his rehab would be more likely to stick if it was his choice.

Back