• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

EA Sports College Football 25 release date July 19; official reveal on May 17

This definitely looks like they really tried to improve all aspects of the game. The learning curve is going to be immense though because it seems like there are dozens of options for each and every part of the game....multiple options with OLine, with blocking, with the option, with running, with receiver routes, with throwing power and accuracy, with kicking, with fatigue and wear and tear, with player and coaching abilities, with atmosphere and home-field advantages and on-the-road difficulties, weather changes....just...A LOT of stuff that's new. It's going to take a while before you can get in a groove. Going to be pretty intense, but I'm looking forward to it.

I just hope it's not leaning too much into the Madden style, because I've always hated how Madden feels when playing it.

All in all, I appreciate the fact that they took years to update each and every aspect of the game to the point that it's going to feel completely different....and looks like they really cared about making this game satisfying to all of us that have waited a decade to play it as a new game again.

The fact that the game has Ultimate Team is extremely depressing.

That game mode has ruined almost every other game it has been incorporated into (FIFA, Madden, NHL, etc).....with the machinations now being implemented into Diamond Dynasty in MLB The Show 24.....which for the longest time was a game mode that didn't succumb to the whole BUYING PACKS FOR GOOD PLAYERS shit that fucking ruined FIFA for me. Everything becomes about microtransactions and pack luck and selling more and more coins to buy packs, which the best players are only included in, blocking off people from getting the best players if they are "NMS or No Money Spent". And all improvements in the game from year to year go toward the modes that take in money daily and weekly from packs.

That said, IDK how Ultimate Team will work with College Football. I guess improvements or new cards for players that do better as the season goes along....unless it's just former legends or something...idk.

But I've wasted money on MLBTS24 and don't want to feel like that's the primary mode in EACFB25.

But I think this, above most other sports, lends itself more to the Franchise/Career Mode versions, and hopefully they spend time and money on keeping those modes fresh and not just focus on CFUT.

All that said, I'm probably going to splurge and buy the next gen console to go along with the game...this is going to be amazing....and if that little tidbit that seemed to mention promotion/relegation is true, that's going to make it the best game ever!

Is College Football popular enough to make this game the best selling game of the year/longer timeframes? I feel like the desire for this game beats any other that I can remember....but I also know plenty of gamers aren't sports fans...so who knows. I'd love to see CFB break records.

I also can't wait for Team Builder...that was one of the funnest game modes in previous versions until the website stopped working in like 2017 or 2018.

I get why people are really hyped but this entire comment it my sentiment.

Same way that they do with every other pack game on the market. Do boosts on certain cards after a player has a great week, mid-season TOTS, end-of-the-season TOTS, then for each conference, some type of rivalry cards, flashbacks, some random card of a RB who lined up in the slot for 6 plays now there's a WR card, etc.

If I had to make a prediction this game will be the high water mark for all the game modes. They need to earn people's trust and get their hooks in correctly the first time and I think this game and maybe the next 2-3 are done right. However, with it being EA, we’re going to see the slow decline of basically every game mode bar ultimate team going forward. It’s happened with every single EA franchise since the introduction of XUT, just be ready for it.

Damn, just realized it won't be available for Xbox one. Don't see us upgrading system (kids who play saved up for a gaming computer and rarely play the console anymore), so looks like I'm out. Very disappointing.

Damn, just realized it won't be available for Xbox one. Don't see us upgrading system (kids who play saved up for a gaming computer and rarely play the console anymore), so looks like I'm out. Very disappointing.
I’m not sure the specifics about it but I’ve seen talk about being able to get the “lite” version of the new Xbox for ballpark $250. Not all that cheap but cheaper than $500

Back