• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Eamonn Brennan blurp on Wake Win.

Beating the #2 team in the country is always a big deal. It doesn't matter who it is, and it doesn't matter the state of our program.

Actually, Kansas was ranked 3rd when J-Ho and the gang beat them in 2000. I still have my bucket hat from that one. I feel that was a bigger win than the Miami win last season.

I was really excited for the first big turnaround season since Timmy left after that win. Was still really hopeful that Darius and ROK could take that team deep into the tournament.

#Butlerized

Actually, Kansas was ranked 3rd when J-Ho and the gang beat them in 2000. I still have my bucket hat from that one. I feel that was a bigger win than the Miami win last season.

We also beat them by 34. I got on Sports Center for that one after rushing the court, being next to the great RoK, and standing out because I was wearing a blue shirt.

We also beat them by 34. I got on Sports Center for that one after rushing the court, being next to the great RoK, and standing out because I was wearing a blue shirt.

And Kansas is a "name" basketball program - more like UNC and unlike Miami.

the most surprising part of all of this is palma attending a wake sporting event

the most surprising part of all of this is palma attending a wake sporting event

Wake mostly scheduled their sporting events in conflict with Mario Kart time, which of course was hard for them to schedule around because it was always Mario Kart time.

From Post Game Thoughts, Raleigh N&O; Worth reading for an outsiders view of the win. Perhaps some truth here.

The Tar Heels didn’t play well and there’s reason for disappointment – but this wasn’t really an upset. Wake Forest is a better team than it has been. An NCAA tournament team? I don’t know about that. But the Demon Deacons have enough players and enough experience to be competitive. And beating them at home probably won’t be easy for anyone. Is it possible that Jeff [Redacted] is starting to get things going at Wake, in his fourth year? I won’t be surprised if that turns out to be true. I’m sure that means a lot to him.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/01/06/3509966/wake-forest-73-unc-67-postgame.html#storylink=cpy

Back