• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Earth and Mars Are The Same Temperature, but Mars Doesn't Have Coal Plants

ThinkingWithMyDeac

Reaction score
How the fuck do these people get elected? This country is dumb as shit and the representation in government reflects that.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...nge_n_5568058.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063

"As you [Energy & Environment Cabinet official] sit there in your chair with your data, we sit up here in ours with our data and our constituents and stuff behind us. I won’t get into the debate about climate change but I’ll simply point out that I think in academia we all agree that the temperature on Mars is exactly as it is here. Nobody will dispute that. Yet there are no coal mines on Mars. There’s no factories on Mars that I’m aware of"

lector bat signal

right up there with the congressman who was worried that Guam might capsize.

There are some real dim bulbs in our political system. It's scary.

State Rep. Kevin Sinnette (D) dismissed the threat of man-made global warming by pointing out that dinosaurs survived climate change.

“The dinosaurs died, and we don’t know why, but the world adjusted,” Sinnette said. “And to say that this is what’s going to cause detriment to people, I just don’t think it’s out there.”

like...

Dinosaurs probably died because of climate change. The chicxulub impact just hastened it along.

That's nice bipartisanship. Democrats finally being just as fucking stupid as Republicans.

If Earth and Mars are the same, does it mean men are actually from Earth (or Mars) and women are still from Venus?

windharnessing.jpg

Barton has worked very hard to become one of Congress' most corrupt members. This man would stand proudly for your rights to drink polluted water and use money and resource wasting technology. Plus, he defended BP over Deepwater Horizon against the evil hordes who ridiculously believed BP was somehow responsible. Good man!!

it's not too surprising, I guess. US representatives spend more of their time fundraising in a call center than they do actually representing. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/08/call-time-congressional-fundraising_n_2427291.html

It's hard for me to believe that anyone with any kind of active intellect would want to be a US representative. You have to be the sort of person that craves prestige so much you're willing to the majority of your life kissing the ass of people richer than you to give you money so you can do them favors later on.

923, on the other hand you can work there for 10-12 and be set for life. In addition to the pension, you can do massive insider trading to make millions. It's completely legal.

Newt Gingrich killed science literacy in the 90's when his congress shut down the office of technology assessment.

Back