• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Economic Recovery

Please explain how a tax cut is a government expenditure. Prior to the Stimulus Bill, the American people had $260B in spending budgeted for certain items. The Stimulus Bill then (allegedly) cut $260B in taxes, without a corresponding cut in the purchase of the budgeted items. So after the Stimulus Bill, the $260B of items are still purchased and paid for by the American people. So, again, please explain how that $260B tax cut is a government expenditure.

That was part of the bill and the amount was factored into the total. Whether you like it or not, this is so.

Again, why was it factored in? I have yet to hear even a plausible explanation. All its inclusion does is highlight the con-job that was that bill and calls into question every other component.

No what you're showing is your total partisanship and unwillingness to have an open mind.

I had an open mind until I saw the substance of the Bill. My criticisms of the bill have yet to be disproved or explained to me in any rational way, so I have made a decision as to the substance of the bill and the president who rammed it through and has yet to show any understanding of its contents and consequences himself. I've voted democrat much more often than republican in my life, but Obama is a straight clown on economic/business/taxation issues.

The total amount of the bill includes the tax breaks. The fact you refuse to accept this shows you to be irrational.

Johnny, let's see if I can explain it it to you. The Stimulus Bill had $787B in government spending. About $260B of that amount was in the form of tax cuts to all Americans.

This left about $530B to be used for many different expenditures. Some of which were infrastructure.

This is how it happened regardless of how you think it did.

So where did the rest of the $530B go, if less than $100B was for infrastructure?

What's the story with "Johnny Utah," 2&2? As in, I get the reference but why did you have that name/change it back or whatever happened

Please explain how a tax cut is a government expenditure. Prior to the Stimulus Bill, the American people had $260B in spending budgeted for certain items. The Stimulus Bill then (allegedly) cut $260B in taxes, without a corresponding cut in the purchase of the budgeted items. So after the Stimulus Bill, the $260B of items are still purchased and paid for by the American people. So, again, please explain how that $260B tax cut is a government expenditure.

Haha. It's like rent a center. It isn't an expense if you don't have to pay for it right now.

Back