• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ECU whips UNC 70-41

If only academics didn't hold us back.....every UNC fan. Until they realize...nvm

http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/09...a-is-everything.html?sp=/99/103/127/260/&rh=1

some samples:

East Carolina is the team Larry Fedora promised when he was hired at North Carolina. Smart. Fast. Physical. That was the team in black.

The Pirates will surely enter the top 25 now, with a 2-0 record in the ACC’s Coastal Division. They’re rolling. Even the loss of their second-best receiver to suspension announced just before kickoff didn’t shake them for a second: Cam Worthy’s replacement, freshman Trevon Brown, caught two touchdowns in the first half.

Substantial credit is due Ruffin McNeill, who in his fifth season at his alma mater has delivered the high-octane offense he promised and corrected the defensive woes that plagued his first few teams. It took a change of defensive coordinators after the 2012 season, but the Pirates are reaping the rewards now. They’re 13-4 since. North Carolina may face a similar decision, because with two weeks to prepare for East Carolina’s offense, the North Carolina defense looked like it spent both of them at the beach. East Carolina scored touchdowns on 3rd-and-28 (44 yards), 3rd-and-10 (19 yards) and 3rd-and-9 (26 yards).

The Pirates’ 789 yards of offense smashed the North Carolina record for yards allowed, set in 2004. The 70 points set a new Tar Heels record for defensive futility as well. And East Carolina broke its own school record for total offense dating back to 1975. When you’re breaking records for defensive ineptitude set during the John Bunting era, it doesn’t get any worse than that. Whatever defensive coordinator Vic Koenning is trying to do, it isn’t working.

Had a good buddy tell me the two things holding them back to the the 4-2-5 and stringent academic requirements. I didn't respond to the text.

Yeah, if Duke was saddled with stringent academic requirements and the 4-2-5...

I cannot believe more has not been done about the walk-on who was bludgeoned by his UNC "family/teammates" just before they torched his pickup truck.

ByQj86OIgAA77Np.jpg

Yeah, I looked at PackPride and saw no mention of a torched pickup. WachutalkinboutWillis?

ECU trollin hard. Was somebody at UNC dumb enough to say ECU was beneath them before the game? Is that the hashtag reference?

ECU trollin hard. Was somebody at UNC dumb enough to say ECU was beneath them before the game? Is that the hashtag reference?

Yes. I believe a UNC player did make that statement in an interview a few days before the game. Went from bulletin board material to billboard material.

Yeah, the don't talk about bad things happening at UNC on the UNC message board. You have to go to Pack Pride for that.

Either way, I don't see anything on any news feeds or internet chatter.

Back