• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ed Christman passed away

I was privileged to know Ed Christman. A great man who understood the concept that people remember the way you make them feel. You always left a conversation with him feeling encouraged. Peace and comfort to his family.

This. He was a very nice man.

A great person. He meant a lot to me and to other family members who have attended WFU. We all remember him with great respect and affection. We all tried to spot him first whenever we were on campus together.

Ed Christman was one of the first people I met at Wake, at pre school conference. His welcome had a profound effect on me and a very calming effect on my very nervous mother who was saying goodbye to her oldest child. Thus he really helped start my Wake career on a really great note. I continued to see him when I visited campus years after graduation and was glad I got to talk to him once again on my most recent visit. I will miss seeing him the next time I visit. Wake lost a great member of the community. My condolences to all his family.

Literally a Christman. If everyone was like Ed Christman, this world would be a helluva lot better place.

Someday, people will wonder if the Deacon is meant to honor Ed Christman based on the likeness. Fitting that he passed away on Christmas Eve. Great man.

Very sad news. That man personified Wake Forest for many.

Back