• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ed DeChellis to...Navy?

Dana O'Neil should not be doing live video shoots for ESPN. Absolutely horrible.

Very strange move IMO. Unless he had absolute nothing coming back at PSU and a weak incoming class.

Very strange move IMO. Unless he had absolute nothing coming back at PSU and a weak incoming class.

That's kind of what I assume it was. I don't think he was a great coach, just that Talor Battle made him look good the past four years. With Battle graduating, I see this as him just wanting to go out somewhat on a high note.

Following the high school sports scene closely for my job, I see this all the time. Look at coaches stepping down "because it was time" and 75% of them happen to be quitting at the same time that one of their best players ever graduates. You win a bunch of games and you don't want to be exposed for the average coach you are once you no longer have superior talent.

Coworker who is a Penn State fan said that he asked for a 4-year extension and was told no.

He was told he would be fired if he missed the tourney this year, and they barely made it.

Guess it was just too negative a work environment.

Coworker who is a Penn State fan said that he asked for a 4-year extension and was told no.

He was told he would be fired if he missed the tourney this year, and they barely made it.

That makes some sense then.

Did others not read the article? It pretty much confirms this.

If Dino goes to PSU or anywhere, he needs to bring an X and O guy with him as his #1 assistant.

I'm a fan of DeChellis based on his friendship with Skip. Hope he is happy and does well at Navy.

Would be kinda tough to recruit with that.

Back