• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Eddie Vedder and Freddie Mercury

I'll go with the Vedder impersonator, mainly because I like the song more.

That dude sounds exactly like Eddie Vedder to me. The Freddie Mercury is good but of course not as good as the original. Only one Freddie. He also needs to grow out the mustache a bit more.

agreed Vedder sounds most similar (virtually identical in fact). gotta say Mercury is harder degree of difficulty. probably the hardest artist humanly possible....

The best part about the Vedder version was that he actually seemed spot on with the "words" of Yellowledbetter. I'm pretty sure every person has their own distinct different version of what he is actually saying when singing along in the car.

wow, that dude does sound like Vedder. he wins but in real life mercury > vedder

Eddie Vedder is not really that tough to sing if you're a baritone or a bass with some range.

I'm the latter, and did Elderly Woman... in a contest not too long ago. Probably a tougher song than the one in the video. Didn't win, but finished 2nd among the guys.

The pearl jam one is more impressive because the singer is Hispanic and totally nails the inflection of vedder's voice.

The best part about the Vedder version was that he actually seemed spot on with the "words" of Yellowledbetter. I'm pretty sure every person has their own distinct different version of what he is actually saying when singing along in the car.

Truth.

God I forgot how much I loved Yellow Ledbetter. That guy sounds exactly like Vedder I cant understand him either.

Back