• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Election Day 2018

McBath is the first Dem elected in this district since 1976. A single issue candidate.

Did you vote for her? How did she campaign? What did she do differently than Ossoff?

Did you vote for her? How did she campaign? What did she do differently than Ossoff?

I voted for her because of her activism regarding gun control. Shortly after Parkland, my daughter was in a group of about fifty kids from her HS that marched to Karen Handel’s office (nine miles away). Handel didn’t even acknowledge them.

Neither Handel nor McBath were near.y as prevalent on TV as Abrams and Kemp. I think her advantage was that she was running in a general election, not a special. A lot more people voted.

Wow, 75 percent of white woman in Georgia voted for Kemp, more than white males, that’s pretty fucked up, this state is fucked up.

A black woman running with a purpose did what a bland white guy couldn’t do. The House Dems would do well to put McBath out in front of their gun legislation.

When we talk about POC needing and deserving greater legislative representation, McBath is exactly the type of candidate that deserves it. I may ideologically disagree with alot of the candidates that won, but I am much more amenable to compromising with grassroots minority candidates than I am rich white elitists.

Plus he ensured the whites were protected by those nasty POC who may get uppity and try to vote.

Scott Walker was narrowly ousted in Wisconsin, and a law he put in place means he can't ask for a recount

Gov. Scott Walker lost Wisconsin's gubernatorial race to the Democrat Tony Evers in Tuesday's midterm elections.

Evers narrowly led Walker, 49.6% to 48.4%, a margin of 1.2 percentage points, as of Wednesday morning, with nearly all precincts reporting.

After the 2016 presidential election, Walker signed a law that recounts would be allowed only when candidates are projected to be within 1 percentage point of each other.

Nelson from the simpsons says "Hah, hah" to scott walker.

So Stacy Abrams only needs about 25K votes to force a runoff.

Jemele Hill was taken off the voter rolls in FL even though she is a FL resident because she tweeted that she was moving to LA.
https://www.theatlantic.com/amp/art...zw6o2al7w0JlN-NMscT2TGnLkLfnyQa6PmkB5WQffMLGQ

Seems like she was targeted because she was famous, but that's also probably why she got a response as quick as she did. It's probably not that hard to write an algorithm to monitor social media and flag people for removal, and not everyone would end up appealing that decision.

Holy shit.

Last edited:
So hand recount for Senate and machine for governor. That's wild.

Maybe Florida didn't Florida this after all.

So hand recount for Senate and machine for governor. That's wild.

Maybe Florida didn't Florida this after all.

Floriding is all about how we count ballots. Give us time.

Back