• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Elijah Craig and other excellent bourbons

Get some whiskey stones mah dudes.... chills your bourbs without watering it down

LOVE Bourbon. Blanton's is really nice neat. Maker's is nice neat. Bulleit is nice neat. It is ALL nice neat.

I am an especial fan of Buffalo Trace and its White Dog (pronouned "What Dawg"). White Dog is EXCELLENT on the rocks with root beer. MMMMMMMM

TeacherFianceeDeac.... has other opinions.

Buffalo trace is good stuff. Jefferson and Jefferson Reserve are the best in show I've come across. I stayed at the Brown Hotel in Louisville once, came back to the bar after a night out, and the hot chick bartender basically gave me a tasting session for free. She'd pour two glasses and ask me which I liked better and then reveal which was what. It was amaaazing. Crazy too, because some rounds would be top end stuff next to schwag, and sometimes the schwag won out. From my palate, Jefferson Reserve took top honors that night, even smoother than some really really expensive stuff.

my aunt recently purchased Virginia Distillery (Eades) and I have to say it's pretty dang good.
EadesBottlesLowRes.jpg

The tag war on this thread is terrific.

I have nothing intelligent to add to this thread, except that I am looking forward to consuming a ton of bourbon at the beer bourbon and bbq festival this year. It appears that several of the bourbons mentioned in this thread will be available.

frugal mcdougals beyotch! the abc on park road in charlotte has it on occassion and will order it for you too, so i'd imagine the others would too.

Get some whiskey stones mah dudes.... chills your bourbs without watering it down

parents got me those as a gift but they never chilled down my drink at all. maybe i did it wrong

IMHO, there is no comparison to PVW 20 or 23. For ultra-budget, try Old Charter. Seriously.

Buffalo trace is good stuff. Jefferson and Jefferson Reserve are the best in show I've come across. I stayed at the Brown Hotel in Louisville once, came back to the bar after a night out, and the hot chick bartender basically gave me a tasting session for free. She'd pour two glasses and ask me which I liked better and then reveal which was what. It was amaaazing. Crazy too, because some rounds would be top end stuff next to schwag, and sometimes the schwag won out. From my palate, Jefferson Reserve took top honors that night, even smoother than some really really expensive stuff.

She probably just wanted to bang you.

you have to keep them in the freezer:couch:

I use them for single malt but I don't mind my bourbon a little watered.

Ha, took that step but they never seemed to do the trick. It was disappointing to say the least.

Back