• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Embarrassing email adresses/screennames

I think my AIM forever was something like HSTsoccerplayer. I used that for several email addresses too. Not too bad I guess, but I haven't played soccer since High School, and I wasn't even very good then.

My school email address right now starts with chump, that's pretty embarrassing and my wake email used to get caught in spam filters in the early days because it started with hump.

My school email address right now starts with chump, that's pretty embarrassing and my wake email used to get caught in spam filters in the early days because it started with hump.

:golfclap:

I think my AIM forever was something like HSTsoccerplayer. I used that for several email addresses too. Not too bad I guess, but I haven't played soccer since High School, and I wasn't even very good then.

wasn't that 2009's handle too?

lolz.

my initials are AP, so in homage to Jay Z my first AIM name was RekugnizeyoAto2daP.

beasti0411
AIM and @aol.com.

...awesome.

My first email was summerfire@hotmail.com and one of my first AIM sns was Insomniacgirl because I loved Green Day

When I met my BFF she was in 7th grade and her AIM was x6babygurl9o or something like that.

My personal e-mail I created in high school (and still use) is a variation of my high school. My high school was Rochester but we generally referred to ourselves as Rochy (ra-chi). I now realise most people view this as a variation of rauchy. Not very embarrassing but not very professional either.

when I started applying for jobs about 2 years back I realized how unprofessional this was, though, and created a new e-mail account just for work that is simply [my name]@.

/begin rant
I don't understand why people submit resumes or job applications with unprofessional e-mails when it is way too easy to create something professional. If you're worried about having to check another e-mail account just set up an autoforward to forward the work e-mail to your personal e-mail. Or set up your smart phone (since most people have one nowadays) to receive e-mail from both accounts. Or don't be freaking lazy if you want a job.

/end rant

Back