• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Emperor Wellman's Halftime Comments

Ball State Deac

Reaction score
I gather from the game thread that His Highness made some comments. Would one of my e-brothers be so kind as to provide me with the second hand smoke for my ass? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
When asked what exciting things were happening in the world of Wake Fall Sports Wellman refused to mention the bang up job that Grobe is doing. The only sports he spoke of were Men's and Women's BBall and soccer.

The world according to Ron Wellman: everything is just great in Wake sports right now, especially in basketball, which has a very bright future. Due to lack of time he was unable to mention that attendance was up, but that was obvious to everyone watching. He was also polite enough not to draw attention to the fact that the negativity of a lunatic fringe, who call themselves "Wake fans," had forced our team - despite the best efforts of his most notably outstanding hire, Coach Jeff [Redacted] - to miss too many freethrows and often have lapses on defense. (But if you don't see that, you don't know basketball.)

When asked what exciting things were happening in the world of Wake Fall Sports Wellman refused to mention the bang up job that Grobe is doing. The only sports he spoke of were Men's and Women's BBall and soccer.

In all fairness, the announcer was the one that brought up the soccer teams. I did find it odd that there was absolutely no mention of football by either Wellman or the announcer. I was expecting a nauseating Baghdad Bob type of "pep-talk", but I thought his comments we really pretty low key. He commented on the depth that the b-ball team has (allegedly), and how it should serve us well during the season, talked about the soccer teams in the NCAA tourney, and then babbled something else that I totally can't remember.

You ever notice that when the interview is over that he doesn't look at the camera,but sort of off in the distance.

Does any reporter anywhere have the balls to ask him about what he thinks of the Old G&B Editorial?

Does any reporter anywhere have the balls to ask him about what he thinks of the Old G&B Editorial?

If they did what would you expect him to say? He'd give the same old crap about having passionate fans is a good thing and how we'll all be one big happy family again once his grand plan comes together and Bzzz starts winning. Wellman is like the White House Press Secretary (no matter who's in office) any question you ask will just be met with a completely spun response that means nothing.

Back