• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

End of ACC? Rumors not really swirling about UNC, UVA & GA Tech to Big 10

We really do owe Maryland a favor. Louisville brings so, so much more to the table than they do

I saw this vid of the MD students pumped up for the recent Duke game. Pretty cool. They can probably forget about scenes like this once they're gone. Also, even after all the propaganda (lies), it still seems like most MD fans are opposed to them leaving.

They are never going to have this much fun in the Big10. They finally established a down and dirty rivalry and... *poof*

If I was a Maryland fan I'd be pissed about leaving really.

Thrilled? Sure they are. If you just say it enough maybe you'll believe it.

Who didn't go to Maryland in the mid-90s wishing that they didn't have to play two games against all time great college players? You know the Maryland students in the early 00s were wishing they could ditch Duke for some games against Northwestern.

Who didn't go to Maryland in the mid-90s wishing that they didn't have to play two games against all time great college players? You know the Maryland students in the early 00s were wishing they could ditch Duke for some games against Northwestern.

Maryland is going to be the Iowa of the East in the Big10. Have fun with that bullshit.

So teams from outside of North Carolina are jealous of the success that UNC, Duke, and State have had over the past 30 years? Well yeah join the club. When teams mean that they are "upset with the Big 4" they mean that they're upset that Duke, UNC, and State have played so well. Wake has certainly not reaped any major benefits of being in North Carolina other than being close to Greensboro, which is where the conference is headquartered. Duke, UNC, and State have combined to win something like 75-80% of the ACC tournaments (if not more) the reason other teams hate them is they're successful not because the BS reason that "the conference favors them".

They are never going to have this much fun in the Big10. They finally established a down and dirty rivalry and... *poof*

If I was a Maryland fan I'd be pissed about leaving really.

But they're going to be instant rivals with Michigan St and Indiana, haven't you heard?

But they're going to be instant rivals with Michigan St and Indiana, haven't you heard?

Like Duke and Carolina think of LOWF. Hell, we have a history with those assholes. Maryland is starting all over again. All they got is Penn State. Maybe they can get it going with Rutgers... woot!

I'm not sure I'd say there is a problem with the ACC, but there is still a huge contingent of Clemson fans/alumni that are pissed with UNC tacking on extra penalties for us in the 80s, only to skate when they got caught doing shit.

That rumor has been debunked almost as many times as the rumor that UNC tried to keep VaTech out of the ACC. Plenty of legitimate reasons to hate UNC without the fake ones. See: http://www.tigernet.com/view/story.do?id=10615 .

So funny how MD alums/fans have always talked down to WVU alums/fans and basically hated them, but now they lap up all of the BS being throw out there by the neers. i guess it's true; misery loves company.

Back