• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Enfield/Floyd Skirmish

Wakeforest22890

Snowpom
Reaction score
Apparently they got into a heated discussion at the banquet for the Battle 4 Atlantis per Jeff Goodman. They've had bad blood before after Floyd accused Enfield of tampering with a signee and Enfield gave an interview where he said he knows Floyd wants to be the USC coach and instead lives in El Paso.

I thought I read that Enfield said something like " I have one sweet 16 in 2 years bad he (Floyd) has one in 10."

There has been some bad blood between USC and UTEP over the past couple of months – and it seems to have boiled over on Wednesday evening.

The two teams are competing in the Battle 4 Atlantis this week, and things got ugly at the pre-tournament reception.

Ugly incident at reception for Battle 4 Atlantis. Andy Enfield & Tim Floyd got into heated argument. USC & UTEP assts had to be separated.
— Seth Davis (@SethDavisHoops) November 28, 2013

USC asst Tony Bland had to be restrained from going after UTEP asst Bob Cantu. USC asst Jason Hart also in the mix.

Enfield's wife Amanda was standing next to him as Floyd was jabbing his finger towards Enfield's chest. Big crowd watched it happen.

Back in the summer, UTEP and USC were at the heart of the Isaac Hamilton situation. Hamilton had signed with UTEP, but asked to be release from the Miners in July. UTEP head coach Tim Floyd wouldn't release him, and sources indicated that one of the main reasons was that they suspected Andy Enfield and USC tampered with Hamilton. The five-star guard ended up going to UCLA.

Then last week, Enfield was quoted in a Men's Journal feature about Floyd.

“Tim Floyd shows up every day at work and realizes he lives in El Paso, Texas. And he's pissed off that he didn't get the USC job two months ago.”

Moreover, new UTEP assistant Bob Cantu was the interim head coach at USC after Kevin O'Neill was fired last season.

The two teams aren't scheduled to face each other at the event, but it could happen in a consolation game.
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24292792/andy-enfield-tim-floyd-involved-in-altercation-in-bahamas

Is Wellman forcing our team to fly home, along with all six fans, due to bad culture issues in the Bahamas? Anyone tracking flights to NC from the Bahamas?

I thought I read that Enfield said something like " I have one sweet 16 in 2 years bad he (Floyd) has one in 10."

He did an interview for the December issue of Men's Journal. He said Tim Floyd was just pissed that he didn't get the USC job and he wakes up in El Paso every day. They asked him if he was worried about Alford and UCLA and he said no because he's been to a Sweet 16 in 2 years as a head coach and Alford had been to one in 16 years.

This happened at the pre-tournament reception with all the other coaches there and family, etc. The assistants on both staffs apparently went at it and had to be restrained.

He did an interview for the December issue of Men's Journal. He said Tim Floyd was just pissed that he didn't get the USC job and he wakes up in El Paso every day. They asked him if he was worried about Alford and UCLA and he said no because he's been to a Sweet 16 in 2 years as a head coach and Alford had been to one in 16 years.

This happened at the pre-tournament reception with all the other coaches there and family, etc. The assistants on both staffs apparently went at it and had to be restrained.

Thanks. Yea I butchered that one

Who is this Ben Swain guy and why does he hate Wake so much?
Ben Swain ‏@thedevilwolf 1m

Can you guys picture what Jeff [Redacted] was probably doing while Floyd and Enfield were going at it at dinner?

I just wish there was video with someone shouting "World Star" as Bz broke it up.

Can you guys picture what Jeff [Redacted] was probably doing while Floyd and Enfield were going at it at dinner?

Unconfirmed reports were that Bz was located hiding under the banquet table...

If Ronald McDonald Wellman hadn't shit the bed and had hired Mr and Mrs Enfield like he should have, there would be no fight because me and Mr Enfield and Mrs Say Hey and Mrs Enfield would have been hanging out on the beach having tropical drinks and talking about our favorite Thanksgiving memories and Mrs Enfield would have told a joke about how when she was a supermodel they weren't allowed to eat Thanksgiving food and we would all laugh and me and Mr Enfield would make a big bonfire on the beach that we'd all sit around hugging and watching the sunset as Mrs Say Hey played the guitar and we all would be so happy and they'd be so happy they made the choice to come coach the Deacs and be friends with us.

We were walking back from dinner around 8:15 and passed Bzz and his wife walking away from the hotel lobby where the banquet was. He must have skipped out as soon as he could make his escape - what a social misfit.

Maybe they were going back to their hotel room because they got swept up in island tropical romance and Bz wants to try to PIITB. Would be the coolest thing he's ever done.

Unconfirmed reports were that Bz was located hiding under the banquet table...

Buzz probably didn't even show up.

Bz is smart enough not to use the bathroom at a sports banquet. You have to give his survival skills an A.

Damn Dirk. This is a great post. Dude probably sweats if he's in a bathroom with Wake fans.

Maybe they were going back to their hotel room because they got swept up in island tropical romance and Bz wants to try to PIITB. Would be the coolest thing he's ever done.

Or, maybe they were on their way to some secret hole-in-the-wall known only to locals, where Bz rips up a couple of rails and downs a few shots of real wormwood. Still would be the coolest thing he's ever done.

I am so bummed that we don't have Enfield at Wake. The dude has brass balls.

Back