• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Erskine Bowles Legitimately Raped NC Pension Fund

Alot of the price of speculative stocks are based on bets of finding future sales and revenue growth, although a company like google had more evidence to support that than did facebook.

the ipo priced at $38 because the bankers were able to price it at $38 (market economics). i thought it was overpriced at the time, but plenty of otherwise smart and wealthy institutional investors bought in. i have no idea why tuffalo is still making a huge deal out of this.

also for those of you who think most ipo's are unsuccessful, the average ipo investor breaks even on ipo's over time. savvy investors make a killing on ipo's because they pick and choose but unfortunately choosy investors dont get called back for ipo's as much as dumb and rich investors.

Morgan Stanley is getting sued for not disclosing material information about the IPO, so I'm not sure why you keep creaming yourself over the ability of FB, GS, MS, and the other underwriting losers, whoever the fuck they were, to con a number of muppets at $38/share, never mind that the underwriting banks had to support the $38 price on IPO day themselves. Christ almighty. Even the WSJ called the IPO a fiasco. And it was a predictable fiasco. The only thing that kept me from begging my guy to short it with everything I had was the fear that literally every other human on earth was going to try to borrow shares at the exact same time and I'd get stuck in a short squeeze.

Last edited:
Next you'll regale us with the tale of how the 2010 flash crash reflected a well-functioning market clearing thanks to the miracle of high-frequency trading?

haha. you dont know anywhere near what you think you know but feel free to keep talking trash.

I mean you make some good points on the IPO, but you tin foil hat theory is still bunk.

I'm not exactly sure what Tuffalo's ultimate point is and I feel like he's using facts to justify unrelated beliefs.

MS probably did misrepresent FB a bit in the IPO, they're being sued over this now. NC pension managers were probably dumb in investing in the IPO.

However, that investment is not out of the ordinary for a state pension fund. While Erskine Bowles has connections to all three parties in this news story, where is his personal gain to illegally push NC to take 0.2% of the Facebook IPO when it was already well oversubscribed on its own? You also realize your shitting your pants over an unrealized loss of 0.005% of the NC public pension fund?

489e460c_dont-feed-the-troll.jpg

I'm not exactly sure what Tuffalo's ultimate point is and I feel like he's using facts to justify unrelated beliefs.

MS probably did misrepresent FB a bit in the IPO, they're being sued over this now. NC pension managers were probably dumb in investing in the IPO.

However, that investment is not out of the ordinary for a state pension fund. While Erskine Bowles has connections to all three parties in this news story, where is his personal gain to illegally push NC to take 0.2% of the Facebook IPO when it was already well oversubscribed on its own? You also realize your shitting your pants over an unrealized loss of 0.005% of the NC public pension fund?

I'm not sure either, and that's why I used a :rjkarl: in the OP. All I know is I'm mad. That $4M realized loss might represent pennies that my wife would eventually collect if she works in NC long enough.

Last edited:

:willynilly::willynilly::willynilly::willynilly:

Back