• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ESPN 3D

MACdeac

Reaction score
Just got a 3D tv for a good deal.. Does anyone have espn 3d and have an opinion on whether it's worth the extra 10 bucks a month..? I wanted to try it out for a month, but shitty time Warner cable is out of the Samsung/aris* brand digital boxes (espn 3d will not run on the scientific atlanta boxes) so if I want it I'll have to go "find one" at a TW cable store..

I've heard golf is legit in 3D but that's it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

In 5 years we're going to look at 3D the way we looked at Laserdiscs a few years after they came out.

In 5 years we're going to look at 3D the way we looked at Laserdiscs a few years after they came out.

I'm actually not sure what you mean by this. Laserdiscs revolutionized the industry and are now in virtually every home in the form of DVD and Blu Ray systems.

Or you could mean that Laserdiscs were never widely accepted and ended up a commercial failure.

Or you could mean everything will be 3D but we'll be wearing smaller glasses.

Just to clarify I did not get a 3d tv for only 3d (Samsung 6000 series), the price was virtually the same between the exact same non-3d model and it came with free glasses.. So I figured I would give it a shot. I was purely asking about espn 3d, not about 3 d in general..

Or you could mean that Laserdiscs were never widely accepted and ended up a commercial failure.

This. Plus you'd see a laserdisc at someone's house and you'd think, wow that's pretty cutting edge. Then you'd watch it and you'd wonder what the hype was about.

I already look at 3D like this.

We already had 3D way back in the day with Virtualboy and it sucked balls.

there's a reason why the number of commercials for 3D tvs and 3D programming even espn's channel has significantly decreased.

Until you can watch 3D without glasses and it doesn't make you cross-eyed, it'll never catch on.

I already look at 3D like this.

We already had 3D way back in the day with Virtualboy and it sucked balls.

Truth. Although the new 3d is so much better than that ish. I enjoy throwing the glasses on at best buy and oggling at sports when I am there, but would never buy one.

Back