• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ESPN is the only thing making me keep Cable

dagreekdeac

Reaction score
With Time Warner Cable, I can only get ESPN3 on the web if I also purchase the digital channel package. So, I have. How can I get around this? If I could just get ESPN3 I could save 80-90$ a month.

Don't upcoming FCC regulations make what they are doing illegal?

I notice log ons are not monitored by TWC, couldn't people joint pay for someone's cable bill in order to share an ESPN3 log on?

Please advice and thoughts.

How many of these cutting cable threads can we start?

I cut cable a while ago (only paying for internet, hulu+, and netflix now), and I still use the ESPN3 logon that someone posted on the boards a few years back.

I have Verizon naked DSL for $33.99 a month here in DC and I get access to ESPN3. However, I don't get access to the SportsCenter live broadcast streams over the internet and iPhones. Only cable subscribers get that...

With Time Warner Cable, I can only get ESPN3 on the web if I also purchase the digital channel package. So, I have. How can I get around this? If I could just get ESPN3 I could save 80-90$ a month.

Don't upcoming FCC regulations make what they are doing illegal?

I notice log ons are not monitored by TWC, couldn't people joint pay for someone's cable bill in order to share an ESPN3 log on?

Please advice and thoughts.
Did they just start doing this?

Don't think so. My ESPN3 login stopped working after I canceled about a year ago.

I have Verizon naked DSL for $33.99 a month here in DC and I get access to ESPN3. However, I don't get access to the SportsCenter live broadcast streams over the internet and iPhones. Only cable subscribers get that...

Don't think that's available in Winston...

I would say that your login would work if you cancelled cable. I logged in a long time ago and haven't done it since so it doesn't seem like it's too strict once you're in. If you do cancel and it doesn't work, I'm sure you can find a login somewhere for free.

Isn't DSL pretty slow?

for the life of me I can't get my Watch ESPN app to work on my iPad. I have Verizon Broadband at home, so it's supposed to work. In order for it to work, you have to login to your ESPN account, then go to a website to link up that account with your Verizon login. But every time I try to do that I get an error message. I emailed the ESPN tech support and they said I should try and do it with another computer as I shouldn't be getting that message. Well I've tried it on IE and Firefox on my work pc and Safari and Firefox on my Mac at home (not to mention trying on my iPad). I wish I could get it to work.

for the life of me I can't get my Watch ESPN app to work on my iPad. I have Verizon Broadband at home, so it's supposed to work. In order for it to work, you have to login to your ESPN account, then go to a website to link up that account with your Verizon login. But every time I try to do that I get an error message. I emailed the ESPN tech support and they said I should try and do it with another computer as I shouldn't be getting that message. Well I've tried it on IE and Firefox on my work pc and Safari and Firefox on my Mac at home (not to mention trying on my iPad). I wish I could get it to work.

I accidentally clicked Verizon Broadband (I have FIOS) when I was setting up my iPad last night; it said that only FIOS customers currently have ESPN3 access. Now maybe that's just a local thing; but as soon as I corrected it to FIOS, it started working fine.

I accidentally clicked Verizon Broadband (I have FIOS) when I was setting up my iPad last night; it said that only FIOS customers currently have ESPN3 access. Now maybe that's just a local thing; but as soon as I corrected it to FIOS, it started working fine.

I don't have FIOS, but the ESPN tech support people said my account should work.

In most areas you can get internet, phone and basic cable (including ESPN3 and more ESPNs) for $99.

If Verizon is in your market, you might be able to get all three for $89.

In most areas you can get internet, phone and basic cable (including ESPN3 and more ESPNs) for $99.

If Verizon is in your market, you might be able to get all three for $89.

Yeah. I was going to totally drop cable, but it was only going to save me like $10-20 a month. Just dropped all DVR, premium, etc. ish, and now I steal it.

Back