• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ESPN schedules next round of '30 for 30' films

The Eddie Aikau one should be fantastic, I am really excited for that. I still have some old "Eddie Would Go" bumper stickers, I may have to slap one on my car when this airs. Though it wouldn't be as cool as this:

EDMACHADO.jpg

My uncle passed away earlier this year and he was a real big surfer. We did a paddle out for him earlier this summer and paddled out to spread his ashes. Some of his buddies had t-shirts made that said "Freddie would go."

Coming in 2016:

'See you on the Quad'
How one school finally got (Shaka) Smart after the death of a legend.

How about: "Bzzzkill: the 30 of 30 story of how an AD and a coach destroyed a once proud basketball program"

Wow. I didn't realize that. Great for him.

Yea Simmons has a really interesting background from what I would have expected. From what I've fathers he wrote for the Jimmy Kimmel late night show for the first year it was on air while still doing his sport columns. After that he started up Grantland and from that platform he was able to do start the 30 for 30 series. B

I highly recommend his podcast if that's your thing. Great during NBA and NFl season with Grantland guys always coming on and now in the "off season" he has lots of actors and comedians on that are always great interviews. Has the 30 for 30 producers on during those also. Had Michael B Jordan of The Wire/Fruitvale Station on in the last one. Just really solid.

Yea Simmons has a really interesting background from what I would have expected. From what I've fathers he wrote for the Jimmy Kimmel late night show for the first year it was on air while still doing his sport columns. After that he started up Grantland and from that platform he was able to do start the 30 for 30 series. B

I highly recommend his podcast if that's your thing. Great during NBA and NFl season with Grantland guys always coming on and now in the "off season" he has lots of actors and comedians on that are always great interviews. Has the 30 for 30 producers on during those also. Had Michael B Jordan of The Wire/Fruitvale Station on in the last one. Just really solid.

this timeline is not accurate. Simmons started with ESPN around 2001, 30 for 30 first aired in 2009. Grantland was launched in 2011.

His podcast is good. I subscribe to it. It's just not a priority when I feel like listening to podcasts while I work. I've been following him since he was the Boston Sports Guy. I just didn't realize he specifically started the 30 for 30 series and that he was so hands on with it.

this timeline is not accurate. Simmons started with ESPN around 2001, 30 for 30 first aired in 2009. Grantland was launched in 2011.

Thanks. Knew he was at espn well before but thought Grantland was before the 30 for 30 stuff. Thanks for the correction..

"Wake The Nation"- a 30 for 30 episode on the rise of WF basketball under new coach Shaka Smart from the ashes of the lowly Bzz era. :dancindeac:

"Wake The Nation"- a 30 for 30 episode on the rise of WF basketball under new coach Shaka Smart from the ashes of the lowly Bzz era. :dancindeac:

"Haas" - no new content in this 30 for 30 episode. Just reruns of pieces that others may have missed the first time.

See post #15 Morrison.

Bringing this back as I noticed on the DVR that these are coming on. The Eddie Aikau one is tomorrow night.

Not a "30 for 30" but I finally watched "The Book of Manning" last night and it was really good.

Back