• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ESPN's ACC Network on Apple, Roku

Indeed. "One of these things is not like the other...."

The conference channels at launch are: ACC, America East, Atlantic Sun, Big South, Big West, Horizon, Mid-American, Metro Atlantic Athletic, Missouri Valley, Northeast, Ohio Valley, Southern, Sun Belt, Southland, and a channel that combines historically black colleges and universities (HBCUs) that are part of the Mid-Eastern Athletic, Southwestern Athletic and Central Intercollegiate Athletic conferences.

LOACC

Or LOL ACC

Take your pick.

Awesome. I just dropped Directv a few days ago and use a buddy's login for ESPN.

I'll never miss a Bzzaster again.

I'll hold off laughing at the ACC until I see some comments from the conference itself. It's possible this is just a stop gap measure the conference is pursuing until an ACC network like the SEC's gets off the ground.

I'll hold off laughing at the ACC until I see some comments from the conference itself. It's possible this is just a stop gap measure the conference is pursuing until an ACC network like the SEC's gets off the ground.

Notably, the 15 channels do not include such major conferences as the Big Ten, SEC and Pac 12 — which have launched or are launching their own traditional TV networks. Phillips said ESPN focused only on conferences that don’t currently have linear TV network strategies.

“One of the benefits of a digital network is, because it’s event-based programming, you might have five games per day or one game per day,” Phillips said. “With a linear network, you have to program that around the clock.”

Awesome. ESPN seems to be leading the pack in the streaming world, as far as live content. Might need to look into Disney stock

Notably, the 15 channels do not include such major conferences as the Big Ten, SEC and Pac 12 — which have launched or are launching their own traditional TV networks. Phillips said ESPN focused only on conferences that don’t currently have linear TV network strategies.

“One of the benefits of a digital network is, because it’s event-based programming, you might have five games per day or one game per day,” Phillips said. “With a linear network, you have to program that around the clock.”

Not sure how your comment reflects on mine.

I can't tell if we are ahead of the times with straight to streaming content or behind without a TV presence. I think it depends on how long the cable model survives.

According to the Georgia Tech guy that works for ESPN/Fox Sports, this does not affect the ACC's efforts to establish an ACC tv channel like the SEC one that's launching soon.

The article seemed to state the exact opposite. That's why I quoted it in response.

Freak, it would be a shame to miss out on revenue while waiting for consumers to catch up. Looks like that isn't the case but we need to hurry up.

It's not like the SEC, Big Ten, or PAC-12 will have any trouble developing a streaming set up when that time comes.

I can't tell if we are ahead of the times with straight to streaming content or behind without a TV presence. I think it depends on how long the cable model survives.

I think the ACC could position themselves really strongly IF they go all in on streaming content. Ten years from now it could be the biggest strategic decision they make.

I think the ACC could position themselves really strongly IF they go all in on streaming content. Ten years from now it could be the biggest strategic decision they make.

Yes. The ACC will be right there with the American East.

Pretty excited to be able to watch MAC hoops. But I'm one of tens that feels that way. Carry on.

through WatchESPN, the service available to subscribers of affiliated pay-TV providers

Now if they'd just let me give them money directly, I could cut cable.

Back