• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ESPN's College Football Fan Happiness Index

That link only has the methodology.

That link only has the methodology.

Gotta click the "start" button to get the list.

Really surprising that Clawson gets so few points for coaching stability. That is supposedly based only on likelihood of him getting fired, or being on the "hot seat" I don't see Clawson's seat being even a bit warm this year. Other coaches with hotter seats get better numbers for that element than Wake.

Really surprising that Clawson gets so few points for coaching stability. That is supposedly based only on likelihood of him getting fired, or being on the "hot seat" I don't see Clawson's seat being even a bit warm this year. Other coaches with hotter seats get better numbers for that element than Wake.

Agreed. Didn't Clawson just sign a seven year extension in the off-season? Not even remotely warm at this point. There might be 100 things to choose from but Clawson's job security is not one of them at this point.

I didn't see a start button when I originally checked it.

Seems like lazy sports reporters see the overall W-L record and the doormat perception of our program and assume our coach must be on the hot seat.

meanwhile, wake fans ponder whether to bummed that 69th place means LOWF or pumped we're that high on a list

Seems like lazy sports reporters see the overall W-L record and the doormat perception of our program and assume our coach must be on the hot seat.

You'd think such calculations would show it was the first bowl appearance since 2011.

I would have the Wake fans in the "content" category. Clawson has things going in the right direction. He seems to understand Wake. His seat is pretry much a block of ice after the contract extension. He changed staff to get improvements. Recruiting is getting better. Fans mostly recognize that improvement in Wake football is a long term process, not an overnight leap.

Back