• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ESPN's SC Featured: "Going Home"

RollWave35

#KeepPounding
Reaction score
With tomorrow being the 4th, I thought this was a great video to post. It's played on ESPN a few times the last couple of days, so some of you may have already seen it. But if not, enjoy.

Yeah get out the tissues, nobody can get through soldier coming home videos and not sob.

Yeah impossible to get through this video w/out crying.

I was at the USC-UGA game...pretty incredible

I can. Not a fan of this whole weird merger of military and sports, keep them separate unless your team happens to be playing one of the Service Academies. And what was with the staged 'mom blowing bubbles in the yard' scene at the 5:10 mark?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/william-astore/the-militarization-of-sports_b_912004.html

http://www.tomdispatch.com/post/175423

I kinda get where you are coming from but that feeling is trumped by the real, raw emotions obviously felt by the folks being reunited.

I held it together until the guy dropped to his knees with the definition of joy/relief on his face. This video almost offsets First Take for the worldwide sports network.

I kinda get where you are coming from but that feeling is trumped by the real, raw emotions obviously felt by the folks being reunited.

which should be in private not in football stadiums

There's a lot of shitty stuff going on in the world. It's totally cool and appropriate to see some good stuff once in a while.

There's a lot of shitty stuff going on in the world. It's totally cool and appropriate to see some good stuff once in a while.

Yeah. Problem is this good stuff is a by product of the shitty stuff.

I think juxtaposing military service and sport is a nice reminder, at least to people like me who can take sports far too seriously sometimes, that it's just a game. The perspective is a really nice touch.

I get where CHill is coming from, and Milhouse too. It's strange to make so public and spectacular what is so obviously bittersweet and private. I just enjoy the reminder and appreciate the perspective shift every now and again.

Should not have watched at work. HArd to avoid tears in the eyes with this one.

Cool video. Love that they started the video with Kodaline's All I Want.

Back