• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Estimate your level of interest in '13-'14 Wake Basketball

How invested will you be in '13-'14 Wake Basketball

• Total voters

ZDeac

Reaction score
With today's news, which I know isn't terribly surprising but seems to eliminate any remaining hope, I'm starting to think (or maybe actively avoid thinking) about the '13-'14 season and how much I'm going to care.

I get the impression from a lot of posts that apathy towards Wake basketball will be pretty common, but I think it would be interesting to quantify it. Already this season I can't say I went out of my way to watch very many games. I can only imagine it being worse next season. I guess that makes me a fair weather fan of sorts, but I'm okay with that. I'm sure I'll have better things to do with my time then invest myself in a poor to mediocre team with one of the worst coaches out there.

Where do the rest of the boards fall on this spectrum?

No interest. Wake Forest Basketball doesn't exist any more.

I never thought I'd say, but Wake Forest basketball is dead to me right now.

This year I at least watched 90% of the games that were televised.

Next year I won't watch any unless my kids ask to watch. I'm through with Wake hoops until Wellman and [Redacted] are gone.

I'm completely finished with Wake Forest sports. Done.

As long as [Redacted] is still here, I will not spend one more dime on tickets, gear, concessions, or anything else from Wake Forest. I needed to trim the budget anyway. If Wellman doesn't care about us, then I won't give any more money to him.

Poll up now, had to shorten a couple of options.

My level of interest will be near zero. It's just not fun to follow the team anymore.

The scary thing is that we posters on the Wake Forest sports message board are the most die-hardiest of the die-hard Wake fans. If we're peacing out, think about the fanbase on the whole.

I didn't watch an entire game this season, and I haven't since Bzz was hired. I used to plan my days around games.

While I won't say that I'll institute a personal viewing ban (like I have with MLB - due to the steroid scandal), time spent on WFU basketball in the Demonbeck household will continue to decline.

Will watch most games and maybe scalp a ticket to a game to take my kids if they are looking for something to do.

Other than conference games, guarantee you it will be a schedule made of pure cupcakes.

I'll watch games if it is convenient to do so, much like last year. That means spending Saturdays with my family instead of sticking around the house for noon tips or rushing back home for afternoon tips. It means not watching 7:00 weekday games or maybe just checking the scores on my phone or using WatchESPN for a few minutes at a time. I'll watch the 9:00 weekday games after the kids go to bed.

Big fan of the freshmen. Will watch and support the team no matter who the coach is. Much to my own detriment, most likely.

i wish i could select the last one, but i'm sure just by nature of being on these boards and being a sports fan, i will at least check up on box scores. zero fucks will be given whether we win or lose though.

I will probably only watch games on TV out of habit and self-loathing. Thankfully, there shouldn't be another NHL lockout next season, so I will be able to jump right in to hockey and not have that hole in the sports schedule that occurred this year.

I made it to one game this year, which is the least in several years. And the only reason I went is because I wanted to see CP get his jersey hung. Next year, I'll watch them on TV if I'm already home and flipping channels, but I'm not planning anything around them.

I pretty much had no interest the last few years. I have even less interest in the future. Anybody putting their asses in seats at the Joel is an Enemy of the State as far as I'm concerned. There should be no support for the basketball program anymore. None. Let the school eat a big fat dick on their purchase of the Joel. See what kind of money they can raise to renovate the place, and find out who is giving and boycott their shit too.

Wake hoops is dead to me as long as Ron Wellman is the Athletic Director at Wake Forest. Wake as a whole is dead to me as well. They can keep sending me that fucking magazine so I can check up on old friends, but they won't get a fucking dime from me for anything, academic or athletic. Nothing as long as Ron Wellman is there.

Cupcake schedule next year, probably win 13-17 games beacuse of it. RW will praise the leaps and bounds the program has taken under Bzz and we'll be stuck with him when Mitchell arrives. FML..

Back