• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Everett Withers....ha!

*shrug*

let him have his fun.

he won't be around next year.

and hopefully they send Shoop packing with him.

Wow. A quote from the article. He's on to something, and then he just... misses it...

However, the problem for Withers raising academics is there was an academic portion of the NCAA investigation implicating a tutor and at least two players for NCAA violations. In addition, a handful of other players faced honor court sanctions. These kinds of issues tend to damper any boasting of academic prowess over a rival school. Or does it?

Yes, yes it does, you tard. You can't possibly go on and tell me that your academic cheating doesn't water down your academic reputation.

I think this is funny on so many counts.

Withers is trying to generate some kind of enthusiasm...any kind.

He is correct about graduations rates. It is something of a comeback at State who outed the cheating scandal at Chapel Hill.

At the same time, he is drawing more attention to the academic issues uncovered at UNC. Perhaps he doesn't care because he is a lame duck coach; but, it is funny that he would try to fire up the troops on a point where his own institution is so vulnerable. I imagine there is some cringing over at Chapel Hill.

Then there is the rationalization of the writer of the article. Really quite remarkable.

Too bad we lost by 4 TD's to them on Saturday, then we could have made football jokes too...sad panda is sad.

6a00d8341c51c053ef0148c697e48d970c-450wi

Cheating may have increased our graduation rates?

Don't you think that is some information I would have liked to know?

The academic scandal notwithstanding, Withers is correct that UNC is still the flagship state university, is still a very highly-regarded (and highly-ranked) public university, and a far better overall institution in nearly all respects than NCSU. That's indisputable. His remarks may have been poorly-timed... but they remain accurate.

NCSU has the lowest graduation rate in the ACC... and is the lowest-ranked university in the ACC (per US NEWS & WR). That's not a coincidence. State sucks at virtually everything.

The academic scandal notwithstanding, Withers is correct that UNC is still the flagship state university, is still a very highly-regarded (and highly-ranked) public university, and a far better overall institution in nearly all respects than NCSU. That's indisputable. His remarks may have been poorly-timed... but they remain accurate.

NCSU has the lowest graduation rate in the ACC... and is the lowest-ranked university in the ACC (per US NEWS & WR). That's not a coincidence. State sucks at virtually everything.

Except science, engineering (particulalry nuclear bio/ag, and industrial), agriculture, vet school, textiles, and is one of the top research universities without a med school. Don't get me wrong, I didn't go there and think a lot of stuff at state is terrible, but to say they such at virtually everything is ridiculous.

Except science, engineering (particulalry nuclear bio/ag, and industrial), agriculture, vet school, textiles, and is one of the top research universities without a med school. Don't get me wrong, I didn't go there and think a lot of stuff at state is terrible, but to say they such at virtually everything is ridiculous.

:werd:

A lot of the students I knew who couldn't cut it in the technical stuff at State ended up transferring to UNC anyway.

So is this It'sBoTime's new handle over here? Can we just send this waste of internet space packing? Did he lose his job working the McDonald's drive-thru?

So is this It'sBoTime's new handle over here? Can we just send this waste of internet space packing? Did he lose his job working the McDonald's drive-thru?

Assuming UNCBiz /= BoTime (something I still doubt), the handle name sounds more like UNCBiz. 2006 should be close to his graduation year based on what I remember of him posting, and having known his sister at Wake.

OK, they're better at engineering, agriculture, vet school, textiles, etc... all the things that UNC doesn't really offer. They're a typical land-grant, engineering, agriculture school... UNC is a more traditional liberal-arts university (like Wake/Duke/UVA).

Besides, a VERY small percentage of State students major in those areas. Most of them are business, english, etc. majors.

More importantly, though, Withers needs to focus on beating State and ending our 4-year drought against them!

OK, they're better at engineering, agriculture, vet school, textiles, etc... all the things that UNC doesn't really offer. They're a typical land-grant, engineering, agriculture school... UNC is a more traditional liberal-arts university (like Wake/Duke/UVA).

Besides, a VERY small percentage of State students major in those areas. Most of them are business, english, etc. majors.

More importantly, though, Withers needs to focus on beating State and ending our 4-year drought against them!

My point was that they aren't terrible at "almost everything." They have strong programs in areas that contribute more to society than English majors.

You do know that both MIT and Cornell were land-grants too, right?

My point was that they aren't terrible at "almost everything." They have strong programs in areas that contribute more to society than English majors.

They contribute to the unemployment rate.

OK... but in no way did I imply that all land-grant schools are sub-par or that NCSU is a not-so-highly-regarded school *because* it's a land-grant school. I merely used that classification to point out the different missions of UNC and NCSU.

And you are correct... MIT and Cornell are both (excellent) land-grant schools.

Back