• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Everett Withers....ha!

FSU graduate and I still get paid! Academic boasting is annoying. By far the biggest WF fans I know didn't graduate from WF. Does that make them any less smarter or of a fan?

The point is that you don't care about academics because you cheer first for an academic runner-up or never-ran. Nearly all Wake fans, rather graduates or not, are quite proud of the academic reputation of Wake. We all know that Wake Forest makes a trade-off, often being less competitive in athletics in the name of academics.

If you don't want to hear about academics, you've chosen the wrong board to post on and the wrong 2nd team to follow. InsideCarolina, WarChant, etc may be better suited.

Assuming UNCBiz /= BoTime (something I still doubt), the handle name sounds more like UNCBiz. 2006 should be close to his graduation year based on what I remember of him posting, and having known his sister at Wake.

Spot on...2006 is defs Biz. Right down to using * 's bracketing words to add that much needed emphasis.

that explains the stupid posts...........

What a joke. There are some awful majors at NCSU that aren't useful for much but the Engineering, Math/Stats, Business, AG, Animal Science/Vet School, Chemistry/Biology and Textiles majors all have no problem getting jobs. I'd be surprised if that wasn't 80+% of the university. Just a stupid comment.

I think he was saying that English majors contribute to unemployment, as he bolded it, not State grads.

Who cares?

Both schools are a joke when it comes to their athletic admission policies.

Carolina admitted Dwight Jones and State admitted a kid who never even graduated high school (Tramain Hall).

Our high school football team will have an open coaching position next year. I think that Withers should consider this as he will soon be unemployed.

The point is that you don't care about academics because you cheer first for an academic runner-up or never-ran. Nearly all Wake fans, rather graduates or not, are quite proud of the academic reputation of Wake. We all know that Wake Forest makes a trade-off, often being less competitive in athletics in the name of academics.

If you don't want to hear about academics, you've chosen the wrong board to post on and the wrong 2nd team to follow. InsideCarolina, WarChant, etc may be better suited.

Why are u being a douchebag? So wake trades off academics for JT Terrell and tony Roberts? Righttttt. Glass houses "drunkracerdeac"

Why are u being a douchebag? So wake trades off academics for JT Terrell and tony Roberts? Righttttt. Glass houses "drunkracerdeac"

You're the one making fun of valuing academics on a WAKE FOREST MESSAGE BOARD of all places. Who's the douche? Nevermind that your insult was that it was "gay". :rolleyes:

No glass houses here. I would never claim that the athletes at Wake Forest all meet the same academic standards as the general student body. I do claim that Wake Forest (and it's coaches and AD office) values academics enough to make sure their athletes are doing their work, learning, and earning a degree. When kids aren't willing to put in the work, they are asked to leave. I don't believe the same can be said for a lot of other schools, and it shows up in a fanbase that doesn't give a damn about academics.

Last edited:
TOB fires back:
http://www.wralsportsfan.com/ncsu/story/10331945/

Tom O’Brien was quick to fire a rebuttal during his usual weekly Thursday availability with the media.

“As far as the flagship, here was a guy (Withers) who was on a football staff that ends up in Indianapolis," O'Brien said, “You have an agent on staff, you are paying players & you have academic fraud. That's a triple play."

O’Brien also had a response to the academic questions that Withers raised on Wednesday by saying, “At our school, number one, all classes have a syllabus. Our guys go to school, they are not given grades, and they graduate.”

awesome

6a00d8341c51c053ef0148c697e48d970c-450wi

Cheating may have increased our graduation rates?

Don't you think that is some information I would have liked to know?

Hilarious

I see the states resident pencil necks and obese two-way fem fans still aren't over that ass kicking UNC laid down...

Back