• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Everything is a Remix

Great find. Watched 1 and downloaded the rest.

Critique of Led Zeppelin is kind of harsh, going from blues to rock is more than "barely changed", though they surely should have given credit.

Also, a pattern of beats being reused is somewhat difficult to avoid, some of their examples the tone/instrument/etc has changed it enough that it's not recognizable if not pointed out. I didn't notice in the Dre song until this video.

Last edited:
Critique of Led Zeppelin is kind of harsh, going from blues to rock is more than "barely changed", though they surely should have given credit.

Also, a pattern of beats being reused is somewhat difficult to avoid, some of their examples the tone/instrument/etc has changed it enough that it's not recognizable if not pointed out. I didn't notice in the Dre song until this video.

I don't think it's harsh at all. Zeppelin ripped off a ton of songs, certainly more than the guy alluded to in the first movie.

While this was interesting, he definitely comes off as a cynical hipster douche.

Note: I've only seen part 1 and half of part 2.

This is also somewhat pertinent (and funny):

Saw him perform at Wake last year, which was cool.

Back