• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Everything is on the up and up for 3 of the big 4

It would be my luck for UNC to have everyone return. But Barnes is just too good and NBA ready to pass up a top 5 spot. Henson could go. He would benefit greatly from another year, but an early departure won't surprise me. Zeller is staying. Thats money in the bank. But even if they all do stay, people seem to forget that UK will probably have a couple to stay and add to that the #1 recruiting class in the nation. So UNC will not be heads above everyone else. At least one team can challenge them for #1.

I heard yesterday from some guys with connections at NCSU that they are about to throw 3.5 at Brad Stevens. I hope that isn't true beacause that is the kind of money that makes things happen.

Stevens, roy, K, and.... Bzz :willynilly:

LOWF forever....

I heard yesterday from some guys with connections at NCSU that they are about to throw 3.5 at Brad Stevens. I hope that isn't true beacause that is the kind of money that makes things happen.

From a story Van Pelt's sidekick on ESPN radio repeated ad nauseum a few days ago, Stevens quit his job that was making him decent money to be an unpaid assistant at Butler. The dude might just be wired differently, who knows what would persuade him.

From a story Van Pelt's sidekick on ESPN radio repeated ad nauseum a few days ago, Stevens quit his job that was making him decent money to be an unpaid assistant at Butler. The dude might just be wired differently, who knows what would persuade him.

If he doesnt think Butler can continue to be a contender (at least for next year) he would be stupid not to take the multi million dollar offers which will pour in over the next few days... But on the flip side, he could probably get those offers even after a down year or two.. Who knows whats in this guy's head.. If he doesn't take a huge offer then he must truly love his job there and for that I respect the hell out of him (but im still jealous:tear:)

If he doesnt think Butler can continue to be a contender (at least for next year) he would be stupid not to take the multi million dollar offers which will pour in over the next few days... But on the flip side, he could probably get those offers even after a down year or two.. Who knows whats in this guy's head.. If he doesn't take a huge offer then he must truly love his job there and for that I respect the hell out of him (but im still jealous:tear:)

ESPN did a piece a few weekends back where they went to Butler and talked to Stevens and his wife and had them give a little tour of Butler's bball facilities. Basically, the Stephens came across as loving Butler and the community there and having no desire to leave. The facilities were worse than some high school programs I've seen but Brad liked that and said he had what he needed to get the job done. He truly seemed to care more about the university and community and his players than getting a big paycheck.

Yep, Stevens will only leave for Indiana imho, and maybe not even for them.

Right now all 3 UNC guys are 50-50 on staying or going. Their decisions will likely impact each other.

ESPN did a piece a few weekends back where they went to Butler and talked to Stevens and his wife and had them give a little tour of Butler's bball facilities. Basically, the Stephens came across as loving Butler and the community there and having no desire to leave. The facilities were worse than some high school programs I've seen but Brad liked that and said he had what he needed to get the job done. He truly seemed to care more about the university and community and his players than getting a big paycheck.

Duke plays in Cameron Indoor too. That is just a crappy place to play basketball. Winning brings in cash, and a ton of companies will want to work with Butler. The revenue will help out with facilities. He can turn the entire program around by himself. There is no reason for him to leave that I can think of.

Back