• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ex BB Deacs Tracking Thread

Still a fan of Tyler and have watched his first three games. He is off to a great start at Butler.

We did offer Lewis very late and I thought [Redacted] did as well (also late) but not certain.

We never reached out to Lewis after the coaching change and our prior coach offered too late.

That was from his dad, Rick Lewis himself.

Tyler liked Wake---we kinda botched that one and ultimately went Lewis over CMM.

The point that we are playing walk-ons currently has absolutely nothing to do with taking or not Tyler Lewis, as those situations are almost mutually exclusive to one another, but ok.

Well he's also better than Madison Jones your point guard of the last few years, Hudson, Wilbekin, Watson. Still can probably get Crawford too since he'd be a senior this year. It cracks me up after watching talentless basketball for years wake fans could say eh yeah good call taking this good shooting guard over a good point guard. Whaaat? Those should not have been mutually exclusive options.

Well he's also better than Madison Jones your point guard of the last few years, Hudson, Wilbekin, Watson. Still can probably get Crawford too since he'd be a senior this year. It cracks me up after watching talentless basketball for years wake fans could say eh yeah good call taking this good shooting guard over a good point guard. Whaaat? Those should not have been mutually exclusive options.

Cmon dude. Madison Jones versus Tyler Lewis was never close to being a choice. Madison was a late get.

Butler versus Miami should be a good match up on Sunday.

Wasn't Lewis a Mcdonald's AA? Ridiculous selection and an illustration of how flawed that selection process is. If we had to choose, I would definitely prefer CMM.

Those should not have been mutually exclusive options.

I think one or the other of them or both of them would have looked to go elsewhere had the other committed. Kinda what happened, so yes, they were mutually exclusive.

Jones was only signed because Chennault transferred. It was never a Lewis vs Jones type of deal.

Saying Lewis is better than Hudson is pretty weird.

Last edited:
Looks like only Roundtree (Iona) and D. Green (Little Rock) made the NCAA this year. Good luck to those two.

Looks like only Roundtree (Iona) and D. Green (Little Rock) made the NCAA this year. Good luck to those two.

BYU (Chase Fischer) and GW (Tyler Cavanaugh) are playing in the NIT. Not sure if anyone former Deacs made the CBI or the CIT or any other tourneys that have cropped up.

Former Dino/Bzz recruit Stefan Jankovic who many thought was coming to Wake has had a long college adventure that has ended w/ him balling at Hawaii. He is a key player in a potential tourney upset.

BYU (Chase Fischer) and GW (Tyler Cavanaugh) are playing in the NIT. Not sure if anyone former Deacs made the CBI or the CIT or any other tourneys that have cropped up.

Checked the CBI and CIT. Did not see Towson with Adala Moto, they won 20 games this year. Thought they might have gone. Saw Coastal Carolina in the CIT tournament. Cliff Ellis makes another tournament, another winning season. Six years ago did the AD think of him at all. He has won over 700 games in his career, but now at 70 years old, it is too late. I thought he did a good job of coaching vs. DM with the talent he had when we played Coastal earlier this year. He would have been better than what we got. He won at Clemson and at Auburn, football schools.

Jeff Battle's Providence Friars advance to take on the Heels!

Aaron Rountree's college BB career ends with Iona's defeat at the hands of Iowa State. Aaron finished with 6 points and 7 rebounds.

D. Green wins with Little rock!

No points but did grab a rebound.

Back