• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Exempting the Foreign Language Requirement

I hope those of you who profess to have learning disabilities aren't planning to breed.

I got like 3 D-'s in my foreign language, absolutely killed my GPA, and I'm still bitter. When an eighth of your college grades are a D- the highest you can get is a 3.5.

you aren't still bitter, are you?

The Wake foreign language requirement is a joke. Hardly anyone is going to learn enough in just 4 semesters to be anywhere close to proficient. I know I only passed the last class thanks to Babelfish.

Wake would be much better served by offering the foreign literature option to everyone. Knowing the classics will at least get you some points at a dinner party.

I did very well in my final foreign language class at Wake. Of course, that semester we happened to have a fraternity pledge who was from Paris. He was kind enough to proofread all my work and explain some of the literature I wasn't understanding.

i say take the foreign language class and stop being a bitch about it. I failed Calc once and quant 1 once and battled through them both.

Back