• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Expectations for Next Season

Kentucky moves to 6-8 in under 5 point games this season.

Guess Cal is getting better and the players are better than gutless.

Really lucky they learned to win at the right time this year!!!

Last edited:
I said the team was gultess.

As to KY, they grew up. Lots of people challenged their heart before The Dance. With what was considered the best recruiting class since The Fab 5, getting a #8 seed showed they had grossly underachieved.

I love these #narratives. This is why media these days is almost unwatchable/readable/whatever. It can't just be statistical noise based on small sample size, it has to have a #narrative. #guts #foughtharder #grewup

Those kinds of exercises are totally useless. It's sort of like saying: Team A beat Team B by 20; Team B best Team C by 15; Team Beat Team D by 20- Therefore without knowing anything else you should pick Team A over Team D.

Your type of hypotheticals are a totally lame parlor game.

I don't see how these are similar at all.

Was encouraged by Manning's press conference. I'm glad to hear he is going to stress defense and tempo. Our lack of shooters is going to severely inhibit our half court offense so we are going to have to generate some offense with our defense.

Tulsa had the 30th best defense this past year. They were 61st in forced turnovers. I hope Manning is able to bring some of that with him.

Still to early for any predictions without knowing the make up of the roster, but we should see huge improvement on defense regardless.

It may also help that his Tulsa team was also really bad from 3, so the gameplan will have to be similar on that side. Going to depend a lot on SM and CMM getting into the lane and making good decisions.

It may also help that his Tulsa team was also really bad from 3, so the gameplan will have to be similar on that side. Going to depend a lot on SM and CMM getting into the lane and making good decisions.
CMM better develop more of an ability to go left or else he's gonna continue struggling like he did down the stretch in ACC play.

As an observation only, more experienced teams seem to win their share of close games, teams with more talent seem to win their share of close games. I don't need any numerical comparisons to observe these occurances.

As an observation only, more experienced teams seem to win their share of close games, teams with more talent seem to win their share of close games. I don't need any numerical comparisons to observe these occurances.

We won all our close games this season. Closest loss was 7 points.

That's good, because it doesn't play out that way statistically.

Back