• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Extra seats for Notre Dame

Reaction score
A birdie told me extra auxiliary seating for Notre Dame at BB&T?

Where and how much?

If true it'll likely be the two 1,000-seat temp bleachers on either side of the Hill ( next to the flower beds ) that were last used for the record attendance for the UNC game several years ago....37,600 something AIR.

:eek::cool::thumbsup::woot::dancindeac:

If true it'll likely be the two 1,000-seat temp bleachers on either side of the Hill ( next to the flower beds ) that were last used for the record attendance for the UNC game several years ago....37,600 something AIR.

:eek::cool::thumbsup::woot::dancindeac:

Hopefully they'll be filled with Deac fans and not Domers.

ND returned unused tickets, so hopefully it's a good sign that there will be fewer dormers. Could be wishful thinking though.

ND returned unused tickets, so hopefully it's a good sign that there will be fewer dormers. Could be wishful thinking though.

HAHAHAHA...that's hilarious.

I had to listen to an ex-Wake Forest player turned Domer go on for 20 minutes about how awesome the Notre Dame fan base travels.

I received the following e-mail today:

Demon Deacon Club Members,

Every visiting team at BB&T Field receives an allotment of tickets to sell to their fans who are traveling to the game. On occasion during the week of a game the visiting team may return tickets to us which they did not sell to their fans. Yesterday, Notre Dame returned to us a very limited amount of tickets from their allotment. As a result we are making these tickets available to our Deacon Club members (Golden C and above).

With all of the yapping I've heard regarding mighty Notre Dame (outside of this board), I would have expected them NOT to return a portion of their seat allotment.

ETA: Not sure why we would be bringing in additional seating when it appears there are tickets remaining to be sold. Either way, I hope Wake has a great crowd supporting this team.

Last edited:

Every visiting team at BB&T Field receives an allotment of tickets to sell to their fans who are traveling to the game. On occasion during the week of a game the visiting team may return tickets to us which they did not sell to their fans. Yesterday, Notre Dame returned to us a very limited amount of tickets from their allotment. As a result we are making these tickets available to our Deacon Club members (Golden C and above).

With all of the yapping I've heard regarding mighty Notre Dame (outside of this board), I would have expected them NOT to return a portion of their seat allotment.

If they are returning "a very limited amount of tickets" the week of the game, they were probably never offered to their fans to begin with. They more than likely held a certain amount back for FB player's families and athletic department use, and once they figured out how many they needed, they sent the rest back to Wake Forest.

that is likely correct. a good friend who is a ND alum & booster ordered tickets via ND and did not get their order filled. so i don't think these were offered to the general ND ticket base.

so the extra seats were literally on deacon hill next to those red flowering bushes?

So, artist rendering of BB&T with the extra bleachers:

Rungnado-May-Day-Stadium.jpg

Odd that the email said they were returned by ND, but yet the seats (at least what I saw) are in Sec 18 (Young Alumni Section). :werd:

I hate to say this but I have a number of people I tailgate with who are Wake fans but did not attend Wake. And that's nice. But several of them are huge ND fans and will no doubt be wearing their ND gear. And I have to believe there are a lot of local ND fans who will be there.

Years ago when the scoreboard was on top of the original fieldhouse, there were bleachers at the top of the hill, anybody else remember that?

ETA: Not sure why we would be bringing in additional seating when it appears there are tickets remaining to be sold. Either way, I hope Wake has a great crowd supporting this team.

What is the Demon Deacon Club?

Back