• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

Nobody should be surprised. We give the worst people power.

Junebug, do you think police departments should root out white supremacists?

Happens to white people too:

well over the weekend we had a president declare that a sitting member of the US House should be charged with TREASON - not just regular lower caps treason, either - for conducting Constitutionally-authorized oversight activities. If that's not fascism I don't know what is.

Meanwhile Republicans want to out a different whistleblower probably hoping for the same result.

Nobody should be surprised. We give the worst people power.

Junebug, do you think police departments should root out white supremacists?

We're always gonna have racist people, but we don't have to keep a racist justice system that gives those racists a license to kill. Somehow cops have the legal authority to kill mentally ill people laying in the street, leashed dogs, bystanding parents, suspects running away, teens driving away from a party, etc. Judges have the legal authority to put jurors in jail for 10 days for being 30 minutes late, to put a teenager in Rikers for hypothetically stealing a back pack. We give convicted rapists 6 months and thieves years. Our justice system is fucking broken foundationally and there aren't enough shitty lawyers in the world to defend it.

We're always gonna have racist people, but we don't have to keep a racist justice system that gives those racists a license to kill. Somehow cops have the legal authority to kill mentally ill people laying in the street, leashed dogs, bystanding parents, suspects running away, teens driving away from a party, etc. Judges have the legal authority to put jurors in jail for 10 days for being 30 minutes late, to put a teenager in Rikers for hypothetically stealing a back pack. We give convicted rapists 6 months and thieves years. Our justice system is fucking broken foundationally and there aren't enough shitty lawyers in the world to defend it.

This clause is just fundamentally untrue. There is an almost-infinite supply of shitty lawyers.

This clause is just fundamentally untrue. There is an almost-infinite supply of shitty lawyers.

Well we know there are enough lawyers on this board to breathlessly defend the legal rationality of every fucked up act of injustice committed by an officer or judge that's reported here.

Cops are the fucking worse. For every "good cop" who goes out of his/her way to bring great value to society, there are 10 racist, shit head, trigger happy cops who kill innocent people and beat their wives. I don't trust cops and I'm a white dude...Couldn't image how some of these black kids feel. Sad times.

Well we know there are enough lawyers on this board to breathlessly defend the legal rationality of every fucked up act of injustice committed by an officer or judge that's reported here.

Not really. Most lawyers on this board are not defending the police or the courts. But don't let me stop you from lashing out.

Not really. Most lawyers on this board are not defending the police or the courts. But don't let me stop you from lashing out.

That's a good point - I apologize. It's really just 1 or two that do the bootlicking.

White cop shoots black woman in her own home through window. In Fort Worth. On the heels of Botham Jean.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/fort-worth/article236067328.html

Can the Right stop pretending police doesn’t need reform and that maybe, just maybe, Kaepernick was on to something?

Horrific. The trauma the neighbor and the woman’s niece will endure the rest of their lives all because a cop (who didn’t identify himself) had a hair trigger with a woman exercising her second amendment right is awful.

Look forward to the NRA condemning this :eyeroll:

Back