• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

Tempe approves $2 million settlement for family of 14-year-old killed by police

The Tempe City Council has approved a $2 million settlement for the family of 14-year-old Antonio Arce, who was shot and killed by a former Tempe police officer as the teen ran away while holding a non-lethal airsoft gun.

A lawsuit filed against former Tempe police Officer Joseph Jaen and the city claimed Jaen shot at Arce even though the boy did not present any threat and did not point the replica gun at the officer. It also alleges that Jaen — who was in a patrol uniform and marked car — didn't identify himself as an officer and that he was approximately 116 feet from a fleeing Arce when Jaen fired his weapon.

Just read an article about the 3 fired Wilmington police officers. A lot of interesting information there, but one thing that I found particularly surprising and personally depressing was that all 3 made significantly more than a teacher with a master's degree and 17 years experience. I thought police pay was insultingly bad?

Just read an article about the 3 fired Wilmington police officers. A lot of interesting information there, but one thing that I found particularly surprising and personally depressing was that all 3 made significantly more than a teacher with a master's degree and 17 years experience. I thought police pay was insultingly bad?

only to the police

Wait'll you see the details of their pensions, probably the most generous qualified plans out there (varies significantly by municipality).

Didn’t the cop who bailed on the Parkland shooting make six figures? Strong six figures if I remember correctly.

Time for the boss of the cops to be fired and indicted for assault, denying people their civil rights and charges the lawyers can find.

It's not just beat cops that need to start going to jail. Their captains and commissioners need to be held accountable as well.

Makes perfect sense. Hopefully the firings and indictments of the Demo Philly mayor and the majority black Philly City Council who are responsible for the actions of their subordinates will be forthcoming.

Makes perfect sense. Hopefully the firings and indictments of the Demo Philly mayor and the majority black Philly City Council who are responsible for the actions of their subordinates will be forthcoming.

EVERY time, I don't think you can get crazier than the last post, you prove me wrong.

The police don't pay them now. Usually, the city's self-insurance does, funded by all municipal departments and taxes - so the police budget isn't hurt at all by police misconduct settlements.

Well that’s a relief

i guess the answer is yes. acting like a dumbass on the internet does make you happy. congrats, i guess?

Just watched Just Mercy which was streaming for free. Very powerful.

Back