• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

what is the point of tasers if you don't deploy one there when you outnumber a guy five to one during a self-confessed mental health crisis and he doesn't have a firearm?

What made the fireworks illegal? I’m trying to understand the need to detonate them instead of just confiscating them.

What made the fireworks illegal? I’m trying to understand the need to detonate them instead of just confiscating them.

a lot of states ban fireworks. I'm guessing a big reason they're banned in CA is due to the potential for causing wildfires. and perhaps detonating them is a way for preventing some kind of fire/explosion if sitting in some warehouse somewhere.

That is precisely why they are banned in CA. Not clear why they had to detonate then rather than just transport to a safe location.

Thanks for clearing that up. So it makes no sense for them to detonate them on a city street. Shouldn’t the fire department handle disposal?

You'd think the bomb squad would be just as qualified.

(I read they had to take care of them on site bc of volatility?)

I’m no expert in demolition. Could they have just submerged the fireworks in water for a few hours? No need for a fancy chamber.

"first"

The ALE used to do this shit as a practice in NC when I was growing up. I was always told their cases were routinely thrown out of court for such blatant disregard of rights

*not during official interrogations. Just regular ol' traffic stops and house raids

Back