• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

Another casual disregard for people. To serve and protect. Property.

Thus escalated when the pos cop said he poped a pill. Drug free school zone?

Jesus Christ, this is a thread of people being denied bond and jailed for attending an “Anti-Cop City” music festival in Atlanta

The judge is denying people bond FOR BEING MUDDY

Our justice system is so fucked

The justice system is punishing people for running away from cops who can legally kill people.

Your honor, I submit that my client ran because he was afraid of what is happening to him right now after exercising his right to free speech.

Your Honor, I think the prosecution would agree that my client is not here because they ran. They are here because they got caught. Others who ran faster are not here.

Essentially they are denying bond because the people there were there to protest cops, meanwhile free release with no bond is pretty common and a major issue in Atlanta for repeat offenders involved in car break ins, car theft, street racing and so forth.

Your Honor, I think the prosecution would agree that my client is not here because they ran. They are here because they got caught. Others who ran faster are not here.
That’s just it, running from the cops is a misdemeanor crime in Georgia. Most of these people being jailed without bond didn’t run, the prosecution doesn’t even have direct evidence against them, their bond rulings are being determined on intention to commit crime based on circumstantial evidence.

The way that our society criminalizes protest is goddamn dystopian
While promoting the principle of free speech.

If "running away from the cops" is a crime and cops can testify you were running away, the crime is being anywhere near the cops and getting caught.

Back