• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

Next time I see someone trying to raise awareness and money for the plight of homeless kittens, I will make sure to remind them that there are millions of homeless dogs as well, not to mention abandoned horses, goats, pot-bellied pigs, and salamanders, and they should really get busy on solving the homeless animal situation in a more holistic fashion or they aren't getting a dime from me.

It's weird to me when conservatives who are skeptical about government try to dismiss government agents killing Americans by pointing to every day crime.

I look forward to somebody justifying why five 6 to 10 year old kids should be arrested for this:

WKRN-TV reports that the kids were arrested at their classrooms in Hobgood Elementary School weeks after the fight, which the station says happened during a pickup game of basketball.

Authorities have not released any information about the incident because it involves minors. The Tennessean, however, reports some of the parents said the children were charged with " 'criminal responsibility for conduct of another,' which according to Tennessee criminal offense code includes incidents when a 'person fails to make a reasonable effort to prevent' an offense.' "

I look forward to somebody justifying why five 6 to 10 year old kids should be arrested for this:

This sounds insane. Sounds like the parents of the kid who got beat up in the fight must have some real juice to make this happen.

Next time I see someone trying to raise awareness and money for the plight of homeless kittens, I will make sure to remind them that there are millions of homeless dogs as well, not to mention abandoned horses, goats, pot-bellied pigs, and salamanders, and they should really get busy on solving the homeless animal situation in a more holistic fashion or they aren't getting a dime from me.

You just described the activist vegan movement to a T

Here's a video of the "fight" that lead to 10 children ages 6-10 being arrested for not stopping it.
http://www.dnj.com/story/news/2016/04/20/video-surfaces-fight/83306890/

Basically one kid is getting bullied by another kid or two who hit him while he was walking away with other kids egging those kids on. Seems like poor behavior but not worth arresting kids over.

Outside of actual murder or some other psychopathic behavior, what on earth could ever justify arresting a 6-10 year old?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

City of Cleveland to pay $6 million to Tamir Rice's family to settle lawsuit

Former New Orleans officers plead guilty in Danziger Bridge shootings

The defendants also pleaded guilty for their roles in an extensive cover-up of the shooting, a scarring episode in New Orleans that compounded the devastation of the flooding.

But their sentences -- from three to 12 years in prison -- are remarkably less severe than the six to 65 years in prison they were originally sentenced to back in 2012.

On September 4, 2005, initial police accounts said officers responded to reports of gunshots on the bridge and that a running gunbattle ensued with six suspects. Two people, a disabled man and teenager, were killed and four were seriously wounded in what officers involved claimed was self-defense.

A witness, however, told CNN in 2006 that police lined up "like at a firing range" and fatally shot an unarmed man in the back as he fled from them. Others on the bridge said police ambushed them.

Murfreesboro police chief 'saddened' and 'sorry' about child arrests

"I am so saddened, and I'm so sorry this incident happened," Murfreesboro Police Chief Karl Durr said, "because I truly think it could have been avoided."

You truly think so, eh?

In an exclusive interview with The Tennessean, Durr expressed his concern over the outcomes in a case that has garnered attention nationwide and put a spotlight on police-community relations. The matter is before the Juvenile Court of Rutherford County. There are no plans to dismiss the charges at this point.

The police department initiated the review process on Monday. Six members of the department not involved in the juvenile arrests case — two from the detective division and four from the patrol division — are conducting the review. Durr received his first briefing Thursday and his second late the next day. He expects a draft of the review by Friday and plans to share what he is legally allowed to with the public. If there are findings of misconduct, the disciplinary process could take up to six months.

As the father of two boys, ages 7 and 12, he could not imagine how it would feel to have one of his sons handcuffed.

The NYPD is Running Stings Against Immigrant-Owned Shops, Then Pushing For Warrantless Searches

Cho was facing a nuisance abatement action, civil lawsuits intended to uproot persistent illegal activities by targeting the locations they stem from. Nuisance abatement became city law in the 1970s as a tool to clean up the sex industry in Times Square.

But today it’s being used quite differently — often ensnaring legal mom-and-pop shops that are almost exclusively located in minority neighborhoods, a Daily News and ProPublica investigation found.

Owners interviewed for this story, all first- and second-generation immigrants, say they felt entrapped and then strong-armed into signing settlements with steep fines and onerous conditions. The stipulations often allow for sweeping surveillance, such as warrantless searches and unbridled police access to video cameras.
They also permit the NYPD to automatically fine and padlock a store should another allegation arise — all without giving merchants the opportunity to defend themselves in court.

NYPD lawyers justify these emergency orders by claiming the illegal activity at the location is ongoing and poses an immediate threat to the community. But the Daily News and ProPublica found the NYPD didn’t get around to filing cases until, on average, five months after the last offense cited.

Most cases resulted in settlements, 333 of which allow the NYPD to conduct warrantless searches. In 102 cases, the owner agreed to install cameras that the NYPD can access upon request. Another 127 settlements require storeowners to use electronic card readers that store customers’ ID information, also available to the NYPD upon request.

Homeless dogs, etc. do not cause kittens also to be homeless in the same way that rampant crime causes many police/civilian interactions that lead to police shootings. Many police shootings are the response to violent crime, both in a literal sense and in the sense that rampant crime naturally creates a hair-trigger mentality in the police where people in a community are suspected to be violent criminals, thus putting the police in those communities on edge.

It's weird to me when liberals who think more government is the solution to every social problem think that police departments are the only government offices who are filled with people who are lazy, incompetent, and have bad motives.

FIFY

Tamir%20Rice%20police%20union%20letter.png

I lose track of which races have 2nd amendment rights.

Something something shop vac something something marriage and education

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Back