• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Facebook Gold from Crazies

i was thinking that on Friday... shouldn't the NRA etc. be some of the most enthusiastic supporters of ensuring 2nd amendment rights via responsibly owned weapons? shouldn't they be invested in preventing events like this? being advocates for those who are “doing it right" instead of blindly fighting regulations?

i was thinking that on Friday... shouldn't the NRA etc. be some of the most enthusiastic supporters of ensuring 2nd amendment rights via responsibly owned weapons? shouldn't they be invested in preventing events like this? being advocates for those who are “doing it right" instead of blindly fighting regulations?

That would be true if the NRA were actually just a coalition of responsible gun owners, instead of an industry lobby designed to maximize profits for gun companies by any means necessary.

3ezu4y3a.jpg

That would be true if the NRA were actually just a coalition of responsible gun owners, instead of an industry lobby designed to maximize profits for gun companies by any means necessary.

Great point. Somebody made money by selling that guy his arsenal and they could care less that he used it to kill 28 people.

follow the money

I went to sportsman warehouse (a big outdoorsman type store) for the first time today as I was going to buy a tent for my son for christmas. While there I noticed a big crowd of people in the back so I went to check it out. It was the gun section and there were people lined up to check out the stock. I was intrigued by this so I got a little closer and one of the customers was checking a Bushmaster assault rifle that to my very untrained eye looked a lot like the one used at Sandy Hook elem. I immediately felt the need to get the hell out of dodge- wanted no part of a bunch of nutjobs who were looking to buy an assault rifle on monday morning after a national tragedy.

Any publicity is good publicity, I guess.

I went to sportsman warehouse (a big outdoorsman type store) for the first time today as I was going to buy a tent for my son for christmas. While there I noticed a big crowd of people in the back so I went to check it out. It was the gun section and there were people lined up to check out the stock. I was intrigued by this so I got a little closer and one of the customers was checking a Bushmaster assault rifle that to my very untrained eye looked a lot like the one used at Sandy Hook elem. I immediately felt the need to get the hell out of dodge- wanted no part of a bunch of nutjobs who were looking to buy an assault rifle on monday morning after a national tragedy.
NRA is a huuuuge Obama fan cha Ching!!!!!!!!

in the line with the crazies - saw this comment:

original comment (from someone I don't know why I haven't de-friended):

I think we should outlaw cars - there are just too many car accidents. Knives, matches, water, and natural disasters should also be banned because they kill people too. What else do you want to outlaw?

The response:

My sentiments exactly. They'll use this for banning all guns, then when we can't defend ourselves Obama will impose martial law. Next step, we'll end with a dictator running our country and it won't be pretty.

in the line with the crazies - saw this comment:

original comment (from someone I don't know why I haven't de-friended):

I think we should outlaw cars - there are just too many car accidents. Knives, matches, water, and natural disasters should also be banned because they kill people too. What else do you want to outlaw?

The response:

My sentiments exactly. They'll use this for banning all guns, then when we can't defend ourselves Obama will impose martial law. Next step, we'll end with a dictator running our country and it won't be pretty.

Yep, pistols gonna pwn those tanks

Yep, pistols gonna pwn those tanks

That logic astounds me. They think by owning a gun they can protect themselves from military weapons funded by increased spending on defense which they often support.

"WTF of Arizona.
‎...Did you know.....• A 1997 high school shooting in Pearl, Miss., was halted by the school's vice principal after he retrieved the Colt .45 he kept in his truck.
• A 1998 middle school shooting ended when a man living next door heard gunfire and apprehended the shooter with his shotgun.
• A 2002 terrorist attack at an Israeli school was quickly stopped by an armed teacher and a school guard.
• A 2002 law school shooting in Grundy, Va., came to an abrupt conclusion when students carrying firearms confronted the shooter.
• A 2007 mall shooting in Ogden, Utah, ended when an armed off-duty police officer intervened.
• A 2009 workplace shooting in Houston, Texas, was halted by two coworkers who carried concealed handguns.
• A 2012 church shooting in Aurora, Colo., was stopped by a member of the congregation carrying a gun.
• At the recent mall shooting in Portland, Ore., the gunman took his own life minutes after being confronted by a shopper carrying a concealed weapon. 2500 times last year alone legal gun owners stopped violent crime when confronted with it long before police assistance"

How many times last year did legal gun owners commit violent crime?

"WTF of Arizona.
‎...Did you know.....• A 1997 high school shooting in Pearl, Miss., was halted by the school's vice principal after he retrieved the Colt .45 he kept in his truck.
• A 1998 middle school shooting ended when a man living next door heard gunfire and apprehended the shooter with his shotgun.
• A 2002 terrorist attack at an Israeli school was quickly stopped by an armed teacher and a school guard.
• A 2002 law school shooting in Grundy, Va., came to an abrupt conclusion when students carrying firearms confronted the shooter.
• A 2007 mall shooting in Ogden, Utah, ended when an armed off-duty police officer intervened.
• A 2009 workplace shooting in Houston, Texas, was halted by two coworkers who carried concealed handguns.
• A 2012 church shooting in Aurora, Colo., was stopped by a member of the congregation carrying a gun.
• At the recent mall shooting in Portland, Ore., the gunman took his own life minutes after being confronted by a shopper carrying a concealed weapon. 2500 times last year alone legal gun owners stopped violent crime when confronted with it long before police assistance"

That is a pretty big number to be throwing around. Especially considering the fact that over the past 15 years, whomever came up with this list could only find those 6 bullet points as talking points.

And it includes an incident in Israel and a guard and off-duty cop.

That 2500 probably includes stand your ground situations.

Other students brought guns to school that day?
Somebody brought a gun to church?

Raise your hand if you knew there was a law school in Grundy, VA.

Back